New GN wheels has anyone tried to polish them?

What the aluminum wheels? I doubt it. I wouldn't even consider it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

They're powder coated, so you would have to strip that clear first, then you'd be able to polish the aluminum.

What the aluminum wheels? I doubt it. I wouldn't even consider it.

I would!

I don't have a Grand National. But if I did, I couldn't use those wheels any other way other than polished! I would strip them down no matter how hard it was, and buff them bitches out with a 3.5 horsepower buffing wheel until I could use the reflection to shave with. Then I would reapply the black-out detail.

It seems to me, that if one was going to use those wheels to keep with the stock appearing theme, than they have to be polished to mimic the chrome factory wheels a little closer.

Is this dirty-ass hard work? Oh yea, it is. It would probably take me about 12 hours per wheel. Two 6 hour nights at home in the garage. One night with multiple applications of stripper and cleaning. Another night polishing, buffing, and rubbing. Then, 8 nights later, when all 4 are all done, another night to mask them off and apply the black-out! But man! they would look bad-ass!

Of course, it would be easier if you could order them non-coated and polished, or just non-coated.

Lol. You have way too much free time vut your stuff does look good. Have you seen the wheels in person? They look good. IMOP things dont have to be a mirror to look good. A polished aluminum finished wheel not polished almost every outing will look like crap in comparison to these wheels just cleaned when the car is washed. Although they are not a mirror finish I think they look very good and am happy with them. Sorry Ill spend more time rubbing on my wife and less rubbing my wheels [emoji1]

Sorry Ill spend more time rubbing on my wife and less rubbing my wheels
emoji1.png
NOT MARRIED!!!! :p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Took me forever to find my pics in my phone. Are they NYtwinturbo level. Nope. But they are good enough for me.
04faa01628761c405ceff258e3384519.jpg
3aa57994cd6046dc1479f6ccd23d778a.jpg

I have to agree with the crazy NYker guy.
I don't like the GN wheels no matter what's done to them. But if the point of spending all that money on "look-a-like" wheels they should at least look like the originals.
I do like the machine finish that they have.

Last edited:
Took me forever to find my pics in my phone. Are they NYtwinturbo level. Nope. But they are good enough for me.
04faa01628761c405ceff258e3384519.jpg
3aa57994cd6046dc1479f6ccd23d778a.jpg

Yes! They look absolutely gorgeous!
Would never say they didn't.

But you must understand......I have something seriously wrong with me! I just never leave anything alone. And it's not because they don't look good.....because they do. It's just because some little voice in my head is telling me they need to be polished for the full effect.

I happen to like the Grand National wheel. And if I had a GN, I would definitely use these wheels. But I would be opening up a can of "manic hard work" by buying them.

Oh, and I forgot to mention.....everyone at work would think I was dressing in drag every night. Because after a night long polish session, it's impossible to get the damned buffing rouge off from my face and out from around my frigging eyes!:eek:

Last edited:
I have to agree with the crazy NYker guy.
I don't like the GN wheels no matter whatswhat's done to them. But if the point of spending all that money on "look-a-like" wheels they should at least look like the originals.
I do like the machine finish that they have.
:wacky::hilarious: