New Ford Ecoboost F150

starjet

I needed a new truck and just bought a '17 F150 with the 3.5 V6 turbo and absolutely love it. The thing rips for a truck. They run mid 14's stock and with a chip they are running 12's. I always wanted a Cyclone and this is the nearest thing available. For those unfamiliar, the motor is a 3.5 V6 Direct injection twin turbo intercooled 365hp and 470ft lbs.

Anyone else driving one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No but I'm pretty close with that motor in my Lincoln MKT!

Yep! I have a 2013 with a 3.5 EB. 12's is far fetched with just a tune. Look further and the only ones running 12's are doing so with aftermarket intercoolers and are catless. You also need to launch in 4WD to get those numbers. That being said, my truck is a Super Crew FX4 and pulls 13.6@101 with nothing but a MPT street tune.

I'm on my 3rd Ecoboost F150. I enjoy the new truck smell every few years. :)
I had tuners on my 2011 and 2014. My 2017 is stock for now,but even stock this thing is a friggen beast..450 HP and 510 lb ft tq.
DSCF0002.JPG

Don't get me talking about Ford Trucks, I live and die by them for over forty years. So when Ford came out with the aluminum body, I had to have it. Being much lighter than my previous Ford trucks, and torque and horsepower of 3.5 eco boost that you mention that was a no brainer for me, plus the excellent fuel economy. IT IS A FAST TRUCK ! ... At my age this will probably be my last new Ford truck purchase but I'm very happy .. ENJOY YOUR NEW TRUCK ! Pic of my 2016 F150 King Ranch.

Attachments

• IMAG0127.jpg
    IMAG0127.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 139
Yep! I have a 2013 with a 3.5 EB. 12's is far fetched with just a tune. Look further and the only ones running 12's are doing so with aftermarket intercoolers and are catless. You also need to launch in 4WD to get those numbers. That being said, my truck is a Super Crew FX4 and pulls 13.6@101 with nothing but a MPT street tune.

Yeah my statement was a bit misleading, but not entirely wrong. Yes, 12's are far fetched with just a tune, (and cold air filter) but a few guys have done it. There is only one on that list that was posted in this thread. 98% or so with just a tune have hit mid 13's.

Are you happy with that tune? I am considering one.

Don't get me talking about Ford Trucks, I live and die by them for over forty years. So when Ford came out with the aluminum body, I had to have it. Being much lighter than my previous Ford trucks, and torque and horsepower of 3.5 eco boost that you mention that was a no brainer for me, plus the excellent fuel economy. IT IS A FAST TRUCK ! ... At my age this will probably be my last new Ford truck purchase but I'm very happy .. ENJOY YOUR NEW TRUCK ! Pic of my 2016 F150 King Ranch.

That is a beautiful truck!

That is such a beautiful truck , I'm still sporting my 1996 F150 4x4 , I will post a pic later

Yeah my statement was a bit misleading, but not entirely wrong. Yes, 12's are far fetched with just a tune, (and cold air filter) but a few guys have done it. There is only one on that list that was posted in this thread. 98% or so with just a tune have hit mid 13's.

Are you happy with that tune? I am considering one.

12's are honestly not hard to get to, just need a couple bolt-ons. Mid 13's in a 4 door 4X4 are really impressive though. The diesels I was running were all in the 14's. Those guys were all just running tuners and intakes. Maybe a couple had catbacks. I am happy with my tune. I actually have 3 tunes on my SCT from MPT http://www.morepowertuning.com/

One I've never used, which is the race tune. It is the same as the street tune, but with really aggressive transmission shifts. I also have a street tune and tow tune. I like the AFR and timing they use. They have also been really great about taking my logs and adjusting out any knock. If you get a 3 pack of tunes, replace the race tune with an economy tune for long roadtrips.

What kind of real world mpg can you guys get? I am in the market for a newer truck that can pull some weight. The boats keep getting bigger...
I also drive 120 miles a day to and from work so I have been leaning towards a diesel even though I would rather have a gasser.

I think it really depends on the type of driving, but don't expect anything amazing. These trucks still have a lot of wind resistance to deal with. Mixed / mostly highway, I'll get like 17-18. Just short trips will get you 15 or 16. I only get maybe 17-18 on all freeway because I usually go about 80-85. When towing, it all depends. I think I averaged 9-10 towing my 7k lb 27ft travel trailer on a long trip. I get about 7-8 going up the mountain. I cruise through anything at 70. My previous truck was a Nissan Titan and typically got about 2 mpg less than the F150 in all scenarios. Also, that truck ran only 14.9 in the 1/4 with tune, intake, catback, and a few other goodies. It also could not exceed 45 on the big hills where my F150 just sails up when towing the same trailer.

What kind of real world mpg can you guys get? I am in the market for a newer truck that can pull some weight. The boats keep getting bigger...
I also drive 120 miles a day to and from work so I have been leaning towards a diesel even though I would rather have a gasser.

Taking everything thing mention in this thread under consideration with all of the different kits to enhance horsepower an mpg is all good.I'm running just a tad better than BuickMike on Mpg,and I also don't drive 80 to 85 ,my avg speed is 65 to 75 .I get 15 to 17 mpg city and 19 to 21 Interstate, now that is staying out of turbo .When pulling my buick abput 6000 Lbs I'm averaging overall between 13 and 15 mpg. So if you drive 120 daily that want be to bad, unless that gas prices start creeping back up than you may look into a 4banger.

You guys obviously have not heard of SSI tuned F150's. My truck is a 2015 super crew 4wd XLT. TUNE ONLY went 12.50's @ 106 mph. Very fun daily driver. Also it pulls a 3500# car and trailer like nothing. I love my F150!

I think there very nice looking trucks but I will say this. I work as a tech at a dealer that sells chevy Cadillac and ford. I do only the gm cars and trucks but I have seen a hand full of the eco boost f 150s come in with damaged connecting rods. There is one on the lift next to mine right now that put the #6 connecting rod through the block. They are nice trucks to drive I personally am just not sold on them yet. Its pretty common to see an eco boost torn apart in this dealer just as colon as it is to see pistons getting replaced in a gm engine