New Daily Driver

JustABuick

Well, I've been looking for a daily driver for some time now, and I held off on a truck, because I didn't want to fork over the cash for a decent one (most of the other ones I looked at were garbage). I had my eye on a Craigslist find of an early 2000s supercharged Regal with 71k miles, but ended up buying a 70 Skylark somehow...

After looking at the Skylark, I negotiated and got it for a decent price. It's a 2 door hardtop, white vinyl top (the top is in nice shape), 350 2bbl. I'll post some pics when I pick up the car. It has 80k miles and the original window sticker, but it has rust and some minor things (windshield wipers, tires, battery). I'll keep it off bad roads and cold days, but I almost regret getting the car. I probably should have gotten a boring car with decent gas mileage.

What have I done!?! :D

What you've done was give in to your ocd side and bought another nice car. I've about got mine undercontrol. I can't help "collecting" things... I would have LOVED a 70 Skylark though. If you can swing it, get the rust under control and store it. Then get a real daily driver. Something you don't care about.

No, no....it's JUST a hobby-I can quit any time I want! :oops:

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I'll probably end up having to sell this car and get an Accord (or something else boring) to use as a daily driver. I guess it would give me more money to waste on the Regal, too

Haha, I would love to do that if I could get my hands on a Buick 455! There's a sweet 70 red and black GSX clone that was at the GS Nats that had me itching for a 455 swap

4. :( Which blows BUT, you'd have a freakin BEAST of a car. You'd have a car that could pull the stump out of the ground, and not roll in the turns like a 77 new yorker because the block's 700 pounds :) Put some slicks on it and run tens :)