New build advice please

HUENEMEGN

I got a new build for my GN. I need some advise on what rout to go with Injectors and Torque converter?
New motor has a Stroker kit, SCAT Crank 3.625 (Forged 4340), SCAT Rods-5.970 , Diamond Pistons .030 , 2 Center billet caps, Comp Cam 215/220 roller ,Ported Heads, Ported Intake manifold. upgraded my TE60 to a Billet mfs 6466. So this turbo will be new to my set up

My question is what Fuel injectors and Torque converter should I use? I currently have 42# inj and a 10" PTC 2,800 LU converter. . My transmission will be going thru a rebuilt to handle the extra power. So I know before I send it is will it be better to run a Lock up or Non Lock up converter?
This will be a street/track car.

Thanks

80 lb Injectors for sure. Buy them once. As far as converter goes I’m running a 3500 non lock and love it u might want something like a 3200 lock up .

Sounds like you will be still using the stock ECM with Turbotweak chip. I would upgrade to SD2 so you have the wideband in the loop to help you out with fuel monitoring and adjustments. the 80# will be more than enough to keep up with the turbo. Your alky kit is up to the task. If its been more than 2 years on it I would send it to Julio for maintenance so you have a solid alky supply to your motor. $80 bucks is cheap insurance on a $8K motor. You will need it.

Since you are rebuilding the trans you will have to decide if you are keeping the lock up features in the trans. My preference would be to keep it. Your combo is not much different from mine. I am running a 3800 stall AC non lock converter now and it takes more rpm to get it moving on the low end. Its a race converter I'm using on the street and it shows. I would recommend a 3200 stall speed so its a little better with moving out from a stop under normal driving conditions. That is what I am going to and it will stall at 3200 and hold about 8 to 10 psi at 3500 rpm on the foot brake.

I have an idea about converters. If you are interested let me know.

Sounds like you will be still using the stock ECM with Turbotweak chip. I would upgrade to SD2 so you have the wideband in the loop to help you out with fuel monitoring and adjustments. the 80# will be more than enough to keep up with the turbo. Your alky kit is up to the task. If its been more than 2 years on it I would send it to Julio for maintenance so you have a solid alky supply to your motor. $80 bucks is cheap insurance on a $8K motor. You will need it.

Since you are rebuilding the trans you will have to decide if you are keeping the lock up features in the trans. My preference would be to keep it. Your combo is not much different from mine. I am running a 3800 stall AC non lock converter now and it takes more rpm to get it moving on the low end. Its a race converter I'm using on the street and it shows. I would recommend a 3200 stall speed so its a little better with moving out from a stop under normal driving conditions. That is what I am going to and it will stall at 3200 and hold about 8 to 10 psi at 3500 rpm on the foot brake.

I have an idea about converters. If you are interested let me know.

Yes, for now a stock ecm with turbotweaks chip. I was running the old V5.7 in his chip so I will need to upgrade. Actually I do have the Alky pump out so I can send it to Julio for a rebuilt. Its been about 3+ years since. I actually think that's why am in this built.. I think my pump missed a beat and I blew a head gasket. I did prime it before it blew but I don't know what happen.

I was thinking of a 3200 stall as well but wasn't sure about lock up or NON lock up? It will be a street car since tracks are far but I do want as much pull as I can have. Would I be able to restall my 10" PTC 2800 LU to go 3200 ?

Yes, for now a stock ecm with turbotweaks chip. I was running the old V5.7 in his chip so I will need to upgrade. Actually I do have the Alky pump out so I can send it to Julio for a rebuilt. Its been about 3+ years since. I actually think that's why am in this built.. I think my pump missed a beat and I blew a head gasket. I did prime it before it blew but I don't know what happen.

I was thinking of a 3200 stall as well but wasn't sure about lock up or NON lock up? It will be a street car since tracks are far but I do want as much pull as I can have. Would I be able to restall my 10" PTC 2800 LU to go 3200 ?

That’s a pretty easy converter to resale. I would get 80lb injectors and a PTC 9.5” 17 blade non lockup. I went from the converter you have to the one I recommended and non lockup didn’t seem to make as much of a drivability difference as one would think. I’ve heard the RevX converter from Fullthrottle has pretty good performance for the price point. My engine is almost identical to yours except a 6766dbb. (Stroker, ported irons, 215/220)

I still have a Walbro 255 pump , 91 octane (California) and Razors Alky

Definitely go with dual 255/340 pumps or upgrade the lines and a 450. 80lb injectors will flow more fuel than a single 255 will provide. (Per Eric @ Turbotweak)