new best times on alky..

peterkin

..it isn't rocket science
i went out to dinwiddie ( richmond, va ) two weeks ago to watch actually and then ended up running for the he!! of it. i had a jay carter race chip in ( don't really know the specifics of it ) and had the boost set at 21 psi. that's how i drove the car for weeks before i took it to the track, with that chip and boost set at 21 psi with alky. well, first pass i didn't think much of it. i went out and cleaned the street tires off, built about 1 psi of boost and off i went. it started to break the tires, backed out, got back in it and it hooked. the car went 12.83@108, second pass with no changes the car went 12.74@109, third pass i tried to launch with a car that ran 10.00 ( i know, it was stupid ) and went 13.16@106, last pass i went the exact same time as the first pass.

i'm happy with the car. thanks for all of the help with trying to get this alky tuned. oh, that was on straight denatured too. no water mix.

:) cool

If I could learn how to leave mine alone then maybe I'd see you at the track somewhere but I'm never happy ...must go faster ...lol

I just bought a buddy of mines elcamino that Im putting a LC2 motor in but a mild setup compared to my ttype so I may be out more with it

congrats on your new times

did you happen to se my buddys blue ford ranger run? its tubbed with a 533 motor in it

those are some pretty good times. are those youre short times for those runs at the bottom. if you could lower youre 60 ft times a bit you would be real happy. then again if we could all lower or 60 ft times we would all be real happy.:D

i think i've seen a ranger run there red, but this one was in the 11's. i don't know if you're buddy is faster or not.
good luck with the el camino.

turbot2112, those are my short times. the 112 mph pass i needed a converter to get out of the hole. the 108 mph pass i have my 9" converter in there and this thing launches. i have to launch it soft though because of street tires, i haven't put stickies on it since i've had the converter in. i can't wait though.

those are nice mph,s. they say for every tenth you knock of your 60 ft you will pick up 2 tenths on your et.:D