New best! My first 11 sec pass

buttonfly

The stable....
It was pretty warm at the track, and to say my BFG drag radials are worn out would be an understatement!! I couldn't 60ft the car without spinning, but all in all I am very happy with my first 11 sec pass, and backed it up with a second.

1st pass

60' 1.773
330 5.002
1/8 7.698
mph 90.89
1000 10.040
1/4 12.033
mph 112.81

2nd pass

60' 1.771
330 4.968
1/8 7.643
mph 91.73
1000 9.965
1/4 11.943 :biggrin: 1st ever!!
mph 113.75

3rd pass

60' 1.738
330 4.913
1/8 7.593
mph 91.40
1000 9.923
1/4 11.906
mph 113.32

I know I have more in it, I am going to spend some time working down the 60's and go from there. I was on 25-26psi just leaned it out a little bit each pass. I was still 10.6-10.8 afr with no knock what so ever!:biggrin:

Way to go Jason! Get those m\t drag radials and cooler weather and you will be in the mid 11s. Later, Bob.

Congrats, I'd love a 11 sec timeslip. Someday I'll get out to bakersfield and run her!!!

Thanks Bob! You have always been there to answer all my questions and give me advice for the car. I agree Tires,Tires,Tires!! I think I am going to look into the upper relocation bars, and a pair of air bags. Looking at the video The car is squating hard. I think with some suspension tweeks I can get it even better. I do appreciate your help. I figured when I called you from the track you knew what it was for running my 11!

qwks-I promise I have run so many damn 12 teens, or gone out with some sort of issue! I promise you will get there!

Dayum Jasons got a 11 second ride:biggrin: Congrats man, im willing to bet you were happy as hell when you got that pass done huh?

Now lets knock off .59 in the 1/8th and you have a 10 second ride, thats all you need to do, get the suspension working and get TIRES TIRES TIRES :biggrin:

Congrats man, i couldnt be more happier for you bud

BW

Dayum Jasons got a 11 second ride:biggrin: Congrats man, im willing to bet you were happy as hell when you got that pass done huh?

Now lets knock off .59 in the 1/8th and you have a 10 second ride, thats all you need to do, get the suspension working and get TIRES TIRES TIRES :biggrin:

Congrats man, i couldnt be more happier for you bud

BW

Thank you so much! I almost called you! I have a ways to go, but yes I was so excited to finally get that out of the way! Hey congrats to you on the new purchase too! :biggrin:

You going to get some street slicks or some drag slicks?

I bet it flys next time to the track! This spring will definitely be a great time :)

Yeah, march or april, you will probably see it rolling off the trailer before me :eek:

BW

You going to get some street slicks or some drag slicks?

I bet it flys next time to the track! This spring will definitely be a great time :)

Yeah, march or april, you will probably see it rolling off the trailer before me :eek:

BW

I want to go with some MT dr's this next time. What do you think about my 1/8-1/4 mph pickup? I just would like to know what I am missing. I looked through the sticky in the turbo forum on the 6152, and alot of guys are opicking up alot more than I am. I just wondered what you thought about it. I guess maybe I should lean on it abit more and see what happens.

Yeah, its fairly low, but then again you are running a non lockup convertor.

Maybe with the new tires we can get it to around 118mph this spring, Is the car heavy?

BW :)

Yeah, its fairly low, but then again you are running a non lockup convertor.

Maybe with the new tires we can get it to around 118mph this spring, Is the car heavy?

BW :)

I am sure it is heavy with my fat ass in it!;)
Fully optioned gn with t-tops, I imagine she is on the plump side.
I am running a 10 PTC. It is a lock up, but Dusty said you dont need to, plus it will not hold.
I was on 26/23 timing, and I was on 25-26 psi. no knock, but afr was 10.6 or so going threw the traps. (I was staying on the safe side. We all know what happens when I lean on it to much!) remember last Sep! Left on the tow truck

I didn't go out on full kill. I am thinking of going back out on Sunday if the weather holds. I might try upping the boost back up to 27psi and try to get 10.8-11.0 afr. Thats what I have been playing on the street with, but I just wanted to get it down the track so I layed off abit.

Some idea's on winter mods include
cam, upper relocation anti hop bars, and a power logger so I can get a better picture of whats going on. I may even pull the trans and have my tranny guy go threw it.

Congrats on the pass.

What was your trap rpm at that mph?

Were you using alky injection? The a/f is definately on the fat side for that boost level. Plug gap should be .026 or so when you crank up the boost to make sure your not blowing the spark out with the extra boost load and the fuel your putting to it.

Congrats on the pass.

What was your trap rpm at that mph?

Were you using alky injection? The a/f is definately on the fat side for that boost level. Plug gap should be .026 or so when you crank up the boost to make sure your not blowing the spark out with the extra boost load and the fuel your putting to it.

Well I was about 5400. I was on the fat side, just playing it safe abit. I should have rung it out, but I was playing it safe. I may go back this weekend on 27psi and 11.0 afr. The plugs now are gapped at .028. I'm not dissappointed by any means, I was looking for more of a pickup mph wise from the 1/8 to the 1/4. I am sure I have more in it just on the tune. So I will start there and see what turns out. Thanx Dusty!;)

Great run. You have to love any slip that has an 11 on it.:cool:

Ed you know how bad I wanted that. So I have that out of the way I can try to get abit deeper in the 11's. Next goal is to get this thing deeper in the 11's. Thanks again Jason!!

Well I was about 5400. I was on the fat side, just playing it safe abit. I should have rung it out, but I was playing it safe. I may go back this weekend on 27psi and 11.0 afr. The plugs now are gapped at .028. I'm not dissappointed by any means, I was looking for more of a pickup mph wise from the 1/8 to the 1/4. I am sure I have more in it just on the tune. So I will start there and see what turns out. Thanx Dusty!;)

I was curious about the mph/rpm to make sure the converter was good. I know how it goes. First you want 11's, then 11.50's....then;)