New 88mm Turbo for Fear

Quint

Hey guys, not much of a pick, will post more in a couple of weeks once its put in, but wanted to show a quick pick of my new 88mm turbo built by Midwest Turbo, Custom Racing Turbo's, who does some good stuff here in TX. They have a rep of building some sick turbos that turn some numbers at the track. This will be the first one they built for a Turbo Buick, so we are excited to get Fear tested very soon. I will have them Chime in with more details on this build soon. It is a ball bearing with a 1.08 AR, and will get more specs out soon. Its going to be night and day from the bigger turbo we left behind. From what Chris was saying at CRT, it was a 94 mm, , not a 91.5, which we had thought it was all these years? Any way, car has been down for 2 yrs, some good changes, paint, wheels etc, and will post new look in the next few weeks. Thanks

Attachments

• Fear 88 mm Turbo.jpg
    Fear 88 mm Turbo.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 267
hey Donnie, no nothing yet. Should have some updated pics of car finished this month and I cant wait:). Car will look and run better then ever, it seems like an eternity.

Thank JasJamz, looks like you have a nice Buick there as well!! I'll have updates this month with new pics and numbers in April

No sir its not a 4788, but rather a CRT built 8889 (but similar to the Precision/Garrett) . They build there turbo's at the time you say you want it without it t sitting around waiting to be bought, somewhere on a shelf. They use the best materials from Turbonetic's, Borg Warner, Precision, Garrett and there own etc and their "Wheels" are really something. Chris has been building turbo's for a long time now and knows more then most I have had the chance to talk to in the last 10 yrs. He doesn't guess, he knows and with his cars that run his lines of turbo's, well they speak for themselves on the track that is! I will have him chime in soon and break things down. For the quality you get, with nothing off the shelf, his prices are hard to compete with from what I found, shopping for the last 2 yrs.