Need help, throwing codes!

DR. EVIL

THE DARKSIDE
Here are the codes I'm showing on T-Link

34 - MAF/MAS Sensor low (Because of the Trans+ and 3" LT1 MAF, so disregard)
35 - IAC and/or idle speed error
41 - Cam Sensor Failure
45 - Exhaust rich condition
51 - Incorrect PROM checksum
52 - Bad or Missing Calpack
54 - Fuel Pump Voltage low

Physically checked the volts on the fuel pump and they're 13.XX so it's probably just not recognizing the fuel pump is there because of how it's hotwired.

We just cleaned the IAC, and it still shows 0 so it must be junk

The O2 sensor is going to be replaced tomorrow

I have an extender chip with the Trans+ so does that have anything to do with the Calpack code?

What codes are typical with the Trans+ besides the MAF low?
The code that really scares me is the Cam Sensor failure..... what do you all think?

How does the car idle? Mines did something simular, came out to be a bad ECM.

we swapped in a known good ecm, exact same codes....car idles pretty good but IAC reads 0 & 0 constantly. If I adjust the blade position screw down, car won't start.

We've even seen an alcohol injection code!

WTF?

Most likely you have a TL connection problem or some bad grounds....I suspect that if you take the time to check the codes by pulling them manually with a paper clip, you will find they are not there.

Give Ken M a shout and he will tell you what to check for on the TL end.

Hey-
My car is doing the same thing, it will stumble and die then restart itself all in a few seconds and throw a ridiculous amount of codes, then randomly while driving they will flash on and off. It's really bothering me, Mine's doing the same thing except for the cam sensor code. Any ideas? Thanks a lot

Hey Steve, this could be true. He was getting some funky reading from his scanmaster, that's why we decided to put my T-Link in the car and try that out. The T-Link works great (and accurate ) in my car. Any ideas where there could be a connection problem that's effecting the SM as well as the T-link? We left the Scan master hooked up and just plugged the T-link in.

Thanks
Scott

Had the same crap, tons of codes and the car would out of nowhere stumble and even go into limp mode, better known as (hit the hazards so no one races you mode) sometimes.

Had a buddy go to town on it at his shop and the darn cam sensor had a few bad pins in it. So I swapped out the cam and the crank and see ya later codes.

Why couldn't the cam just crap out and not start like all the chevy caviliers my family has owned? And one code showed up for the chevy. Not 6 or 7 like the buick.

Damn GN keeps testing my loyalty and pocket book.

Hope something works for you.

Originally posted by zam70

We've even seen an alcohol injection code!

WTF?

It was a Water Injection Code :) I still say WTF though....

There's a good possibility its a bad ground somewhere, don't know where to begin looking on that though.

That scanmaster always threw out funky numbers, everything would be wrong 95% of the time.

Besides that slew of codes I'm throwing, the obvious things like RPM and MPH are right on the money with the T-Link. The scanmaster would throw out 255mph when I was doing 30mph and stuff like that. :confused:

If there is a problem with those connections from the ECM, why would it cause everything to me messed with the Scanmaster, but only a couple things with the T-Link?

My Scanmaster also was reading some funky codes, like 5-6 codes and the codes did not make sense. I also jumped the ALDL connector to check for trouble codes nothing, not even the SES light comes on. I would check the pins for corrosion and check to see if the chip/cal pack are seated in good.

Well, with the SM, it wasn't just codes, it was everything it read...

MPH, RPM, KR, O2's, everything would jump around, KR would go 0, 30, 16, 4, 0, 9, 59..... all at idle!
I would be going 30mph and it would read 30, 60, 45, 30, 255, 1, 30.........

TL just throws a lot of codes.....

DR. EVIL.............

My SM was not working properly when the ECM went bad. All the reading was off and going wacko.

Hey-
Since my car's having the same problems, what should I look for when I troubleshoot this later today? Thanks a lot for your help, i really appreciate it

Scott, Ken has posted on the subject before. I don't recall the detials other than be sure the grounds are all good and the connectors are clean. You might try unplugging the ecm connectors and checking them out before replugging. Sometimes the act of unplug/plug will restore the circuit integrity.

DS is notorious for such problems when it is not on a perfectly clean terminal. TurboLink is more stable but does have the problem at times altho DS is the one that will make the car run badly. If SM is showing some problems as well, I think I would start with the ecm connectors and check the grounds on the back of the head and the firewall as well.

I made this same post in the Scan tool tech I believe

Ken said: "I agree with Dave ... sounds like the fast update patch might be in the chip.

V3.0 will read the fast update patch in the next downloadable update. We're testing the various "flavors" right now. The problem we are struggling with is displaying the REPLAY of the data stream, but I think we have a handle on it."

So after we know that all the grounds and connections are good, we'll have to wait for the V3.0 to come out and see if that clears anything up. I know for a fact that I have the "fast update" on that extender chip...... hmmm