Need help in removing emergency brake cables

1KWIKSIX

Am in the midst of pulling out my rear end to wire wheel and clean up / paint and have everything disconnected except the emergency brake cables. Have the entire rear end sitting on my homemade dolly ready to roll out from under the car.

Can anyone please help me and let me know the easiest way to remove these from the rear end so I can pull out the differential.

thanks

Dave

Rear End Removal.JPG

Last edited:
OK, so I've got the brake shoes & all the hardware off. Now how to get the cable end with spring off the arm! Any tips or helpful advice?

This video is a little hokey at first , just fast forward to 5:20 cable removal . Hope this helps . Sam

Last edited:
I've used a small hose clamp to compress the fingers enuf, to allow them to slide out.

Got it out! Thanks guys.......just needed to walk away from this last night and come back fresh today. I used a pair of mini vice grips on the cable end and was able to pull out the cable / compressing the spring enough to pull it out from the lever. Took everyones advise to use mini gear clamp on the plastic tabs holding the cable assembly in the drum and it popped out nice N easy.
Thanks to all for your help.
Now to finish wire wheeling and re-finishing the rear end. Installing my HR Parts N Stuff Upper & Lower control arms and install the HR Parts Rear Sway Bar that I've had sitting in my garage on the shelf for the past 5 years! LOL
Looking forward to finishing these projects so by spring time I can actually enjoy driving the car! ;)