Need for 86 GN W/Electronic HVAC Blower Motor Control Module / Resistor

I've been there and done this. Caspers is the only one that has it. I looked high and low before spending that kind of money. It looks a little different because they upgraded it with a hot wire to the battery. Seems like everything on my car needs a hot wire to the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so i buy this special part for my special climate control system on my f$%@%^%ng special car.
What else do i have to look forward to going bad on the special HVAC system?
What are the next special parts that usually go bad on the special climate control system?
Basically if everything else is regular G-body interchangeable parts then this isn't so bad.
But if i have another $1000 in special junk for this specific 31 year old special system i would jump right into an analog system in a hurry.

That is the only part I've had to replace on mine. Both of my cars have this special digital climate control systems. If I don't drive them for a while the flapper that makes the AC come out of the dash vents won't open so I recently modified them in my GN. I think this is likely a problem with the analog systems to. I didn't like spending the money either but I figure the Caspers part should be good for another 30 years.

That is the only part I've had to replace on mine. Both of my cars have this special digital climate control systems. If I don't drive them for a while the flapper that makes the AC come out of the dash vents won't open so I recently modified them in my GN. I think this is likely a problem with the analog systems to. I didn't like spending the money either but I figure the Caspers part should be good for another 30 years.

agreed on Caspers stuff being good, i am just worried about the rest of the system and whats next? get this 300 part now then the touch pad stops working next week then the vent motor the following week? that is my main concern now. especially with all the parts being specific to this system.
I also have a sensor of sorts cut from the system. On the cowl has two wires bottom of windshield. Is that going to be another issue?

agreed on Caspers stuff being good, i am just worried about the rest of the system and whats next? get this 300 part now then the touch pad stops working next week then the vent motor the following week? that is my main concern now. especially with all the parts being specific to this system.
I also have a sensor of sorts cut from the system. On the cowl has two wires bottom of windshield. Is that going to be another issue?

Do you have a pic of the sensor on the cowl?

I think these systems were used in other Buicks not just the GN/Ttypes so you might be able to find some parts at a salvage yard. I wouldn't buy the blower resistor (30 years old) but you may be able to find the display module or the vacuum control module. I have acquired a few backup parts on here over the years for reasonable prices but They sell pretty quick when they do come up. I keep telling myself these cars will increase in value one day so I keep all the stock parts and want to make sure everything is working properly if I ever want to sell. These cars have smaller glove boxes because of the extra space the control module takes. I figured this out the hard way.

Do you have a pic of the sensor on the cowl?

I think these systems were used in other Buicks not just the GN/Ttypes so you might be able to find some parts at a salvage yard. I wouldn't buy the blower resistor (30 years old) but you may be able to find the display module or the vacuum control module. I have acquired a few backup parts on here over the years for reasonable prices but They sell pretty quick when they do come up. I keep telling myself these cars will increase in value one day so I keep all the stock parts and want to make sure everything is working properly if I ever want to sell. These cars have smaller glove boxes because of the extra space the control module takes. I figured this out the hard way.

i'll take a few pictures and post them up tomorrow

Posting again
I was told by ?????? That this is a "outside temp sensor"
The wires have been cut from the sensor and from the wire harness.
I put that white wire on there as a jumper since the in is broken off of the control crap.

Attachments

• 20170620_064717.jpg
    20170620_064717.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 98
  • 20170620_064747.jpg
    20170620_064747.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 88
Not sure if you read the instructions but you might be able to hot wire the part you have or clean up the corrosion. I don't know if yours is still good with a bad connection or if it's shot. I was just happy that someone was still making the part so I bought it and didn't mess the factory part.

Pretty sure I have that temp sensor laying around, I had 2 cars that had the climate control. Converted both to standard controls for reliability. I sold all the other parts on here about 3 years ago, everything went so quick it blew my mind.