N/A 4.1 builds?

Yeah I think the balancer and flywheel will put me out of the price range to be able to run a stroker crank. I'd love to do it but just dont have the funds. I'm starting to think using my 6293 big valve heads may be the best route as well. Just need to find someone that knows how to port these heads correctly.

I've never done it personally but a lathe and a hammer can take care of the balance on those items.

I've heard of machining the balance weight off the damper and making all the holes in the flywheel equal. It will work. The Smokey Yunick V6 was featured in the January 1978 issue of Hot rod magazine. I saw the engine at Don Garlits museum the last time I was there, but I don't remember if it was the one in the article. He had many variations.

Different article. I've never seen this one. The one I have is the first in a series called Turn Of The Century. It starts with the development of the odd fire and goes on to show Smokey's work to help Buick develop the heavy duty parts for Nascar racing. He built a 6 into 1 set of headers that made more horsepower than the shorties, but would not fit any car. Thanks for posting. The extra 22 cubic inches with a stroker crank may be worth the cost if you are making 1 HP per cubic inch. Not sure how much extra torque you would gain. I never built a 4.1 without a stroker crank, so I can't say what the difference is.