My Power Setup ... is this ok?

darkfa8

- driving everywhere -
I think I'm gonna run my head unit power over to the 4ga battery power I have coming through the firewall. I'm gonna strip a small section of the 4ga and run my 10ga HU power into that with some sort of small distribution block, then an inline fuse to the radio rated at 30amps.

This is my proposed setup in the trunk, of which most of it is hooked up:

The the 4 ga battery power goes back to a distribution block and breaks out to 8ga to the amp power and 10ga to my fuel pump feed, 8ga to the positive side of a 0.5 farad cap

From the amp ground side I want to run 8ga ... my fuel pump relay ground 10ga ... cap ground 8ga to one distribution block (just like the incoming positive side) and then run a short piece of 4ga out of the DA block to the frame rail, fastened with a stainless nylon insert nut/bolt/star washer.

The Kicker ZR240 amp accepts ONLY 8ga. power input/ground wire size.

This all seem legit as far as the 4ga. distributing to smaller gauge then back to 4ga. for the final ground?

I'll also be installing a 60amp AGU fuse up near the battery on the 4ga power wire. I think it has to be installed within 6"-18" of the battery post...gotta check my MECP book...

As for my head unit ground, i'm still not sure where to run it yet...I don't want to run it all the way back to the trunk ... any ideas on that?

If you are not picking up noise where the original ground is, then leave it where it is. Its not that much trouble running a wire to the rear, all you need to do is pop out the bottom rear seat cushion and feed wire up between back seat and body.