My custom aluminun turbo shield

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
This one wasn't that hard. Less than a buck of sheet metal, and two hours. All you need is cutters, a bender, a shrinking tool, and a cold beer for after your done.;) It's really weird, but this stupid turbo shield makes more people walk over to my car at car shows, then any of the thousand doller parts that I've put on this sled. I was going to pollish it out, but after I got done sanding it with 400 grit, I decided to just leave it alone. In fact, I liked the brushed look so much, that I brushed many of my other aluminum parts to match. I guess that I never was a big fan of chrome under the hood. When I was a young hotroder in high school, there was an old saying, "If you can't make it go fast, CHROME IT".:eek: This thing weighs almost nothing. I put it on my car when I first got my TA-61 turbo at least six years ago. It now sits on top of my GT 62-65 dbl BB water cooled hair dryer.

P1010001-3.jpg

P1010002-3.jpg

P1010003-3.jpg

I figured that if I'm going to cover up this nice looking of a turbo, it better be with something good.:D

62-65turbo001.jpg

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Very nice Mike. Wish you had some pics of you making it. Where'd you get the mounting bracket?

Very very Nice! It has that serious "business only" look. I'd buy one of yours over any of those fancy $250+ ones anyday (hint, hint!).

Great work!

John

What is a shrinker and how does it work? Also, are your water lines plumbded to the throttle body crossover?

Nice work

It appears that you are experienced with metal work.

Very nice work. Simple and clean.

What is a shrinker and how does it work? Also, are your water lines plumbded to the throttle body crossover?

A shrinking tool, is a tool that grabs the edge of the metal and pulls it together. It does leaves a rough edge. If you look at the first photo in this thread, see the edge that's near the compressor.

If I get a chance in the next week or two, I'll do photos of the details of how it's done.

Water lines go to throttle body.

Mike B.

Hello peoples; Nice job and nice pics. IMO I would weld it up and get rid of the rivets. That took talent to bend it up and it will also take talent to weld it up.
IBBY