Multiple gauge wiring

tford

Registered Member
Since you only have 3 ign slots to plug into on the fuse box,is it ok for 2 gauges to share the same spade connector that plugs in? Wired my plx wideband tonight and had to share one with another gauge.I'm running scanmaster, plx wideband, fuel pressure, oil pressure, water temp, alky controller.

The alky with use a bunch of power. The guages won't really use much. You should be good. Try your best to still keep the fuses in the loaded side of the circuit or add inline fuses. A little time adding a fuse can save your baby from burning to the ground!

You can power up all your gauges off one of those slots . They barely pull any power . I am going through my wiring as well and ended up making this power board for my boost controller, transbrake , all my extra 5volt sensors exsaust back pressure,coolant pressure,egts , fuel pressure Ect .

Attachments

• IMG_7978.JPG
    IMG_7978.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
A relay for the alky and wideband is a good idea. They pull more power than the gauges. I have not had an issue with the fuse box but you never can be to careful with alky or the WB especially if it is a correction based chip.

I left the alky power alone. I didn't want to add any more to that one because I knew it used the most juice. I think fuel pressure is sharing power slot with scanmaster, wideband is sharing slot with oil pressure and temp.

Since you only have 3 ign slots to plug into on the fuse box,is it ok for 2 gauges to share the same spade connector that plugs in?
Yes you can. That's what I did on my car. Only one wire from the fuse panel which splits in three behind the gauge panel to power the three gauges. I did the same thing for the gauge lights...one wire which splits in three, one for each gauge light...

Claude.