Motor mounts

raregn

Addicted to BOOST
While I have my engine out I figure it's a perfect time to put new motor mounts on it.
I went to GM and got new mounts, they list a left and right mount but when they check further both change up to the same part number.
The left mount fits perfectly, but the right mount is not even close. I could reuse the right mount and a new left mount as it was actually broken.

Are there any other options for the right mount?

I got bit in the ass with the left and rights on Pioneer mounts. They have different part numbers but they aren't on the actual parts.

I had a 50/50 chance to get it right and of course I had to pull the engine back out to swap them.

The trick is to look at the mount where the holes go through for the large through bolt. One side will be very close to the edge and the other will be centered.

I have a feeling GM combined the parts numbers to the same final machining and now one side of your engine will sit a little higher.

mmpairwithboltssm.jpg

http://www.hrpartsandstuff.com/

Wouldn't bother. Just use these.
Probably a lot more money. But forever.

the GM should have "left" or "right" cast into the rubber

even without the cast in left right , the right and left are easy to tell apart on the GM, pioneeer and others , at the backside one has a hump one is flat

driver (left) has the hump,
left (driver) mount 2382.jpg

passenger (right) is flat
right (pass)  mount 2384.jpg