More racing opportunities for TSM cars

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
Guys, I think everyone is looking for more opportunities to race their TSM cars. I think OSCA is offering us a good one in their Nostalgia True Street class. They are going to allow billet wheel turbos on V6 entries up to 76mm. This applies to any v6, including transplants into other cars. http://www.outlawstreetcars.com/forum/showthread.php?272-Nostalgia-Truestreet

They race all over Kentucky including Bowling Greeen and are picking up a race at my local 1/8 mile track, Music City. Looks like they are trying to have a race the first saturday of every month.

TSM cars are an easy fit with a couple changes. No boost controller. One line from the intake to the top of the wastegate. You have to run a 26x8.5 slick or a 3754r gen 1 MT 275. 3250lbs. At their last race ET's ranged from 5.38 to 6.0, but the faster cars were running 28x10.5 slicks that are no longer allowed.

I have been talking to jeff88coupe from that board as he is a local guy to me about that class. I going to try to make this the class I am going to play In next year with my TA. I really like what they did with the turbo rule for a v6.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I thought the aftermarket ECM / timing control was not allowed?

They have two 8.5 classes. Entry 8.5 is stock ecu only. Nostalgia true street allows aftermarket efi and 7531/grid, but no boost controller. They give a 50lb. weight brake for non timing retard ignition boxes like a 7al2.

Did they have a race schedule out yet for next year?

I need to try the old style Mickey tire. That's gonna be touch to launch on with no boost control.

I need to try the old style Mickey tire. That's gonna be touch to launch on with no boost control.

Put some 8.5's on that bitch and let them eat. You can have them old mickeys.

Do you just turn two step way down and go on whatever boost that gives you?

Do you just turn two step way down and go on whatever boost that gives you?

You can do that or have your xfi pull timing. Lots of ways to do it. Don't think that just because they are 8.5 that you can't leave hard on them. My car leaves better on 8.5 vs the 10.5.

I do not think it will be that big of deal to do. My white car went a 1.41 at BG this year on them with HR street car style suspension and had more left but I did not want to push it with 28 spline axles. The more race type suspension stuff under most TSM cars these days should easily get the job done.