more fuel problems

F

Four-Four-Two

I just installed (for the 4th time) a brand new walbro 307. Trust me, it's installed correctly this time. I also have the PTE hotwire kit.
With it plugged through the hotwire, the car just plain won't start, doesn't get ANY fuel pressure at all. (fuse is good, there is voltage coming out of the relay)
Plug it back through the stock wiring, turn the key to on... nothing. Pump doesn't prime. I turn the key to turn the engine over just for a sec and let off. Now the pressure builds, then car will start.

What the heck is going on? :confused: Why is it that when I first turn the key to on, the pump doesn't prime?

No start??

Sounds to me like the wiring is messed up w/ regard to the run vs start wiring to the relay. If the relay latches only when the key is turned to crank position and not when the key is turned to the run position.. then there's a problem w/ which wire is supposed to trigger the relay.

I use the OEM power wire that originally powered the pump..solid copper wire on a TR, to trigger the relay. I put the relay in the trunk, run the new heavy wire [10 ga.] from the alt, to the fuse, thru the INTERIOR of the car to the relay. I then wire the relay out to the plug at the tank, do the ground. Then when the key is turned to run, the ECM triggers the OEM relay and that, in turn , triggers the original power wire to hot for 2-4 sec's to prime the engine.
If you don't have it wired to do that, then you must be triggering the relay some other way, that being off the start side, which is temporay til you let go of the sw.
If that's how you have it, then the reason the engine then starts, you must have the over ride, [oil psi activated] in the circuit.

Make sense??:confused: :confused: