Modern 1.5 DIN Radios?

John Knolla

Anybody installed a modern 1.5 DIN radio to have navi, bluetooth, SiriusXM, etc?

As part of planning my pro-tour restomod for the '84 the subject of sound, navi and BT for phone is important - would prefer to remain at 1.5 DIN to keep the touch screen climate control although looks like 2 DIN would work if need be.

Hoping for pictures/descriptions - thanks in advance.

JK

There's not much on the table for 1.5 dins with the features you want. The old Pioneer and Alpine 1.5's can be found on Ebay for $150 hit or miss. The Alpine was a good one but pre-out only. I have the Pioneer high end one in mine.

Pioneer DEH85DHR Pioneer DEHP47DH (I have this model) Alpine CDA D852 has an internal amp. I don't have the model # for the pre-out only Alpine.

Shawn, I've been looking for a good Pioneer DEHP47DH on ebay as well. I was wondering if I were to upgrade this this headunit, would I be able to upgrade ALL my speakers (front, rear, and concert sound) and not have to worry about by-passing and overloading the headunit? Just curious.

With the stock concert sound system your safe. Aftermarket 2 sets of 4 ohm (front doors and rear deck) is safe. I would use 5.25" seperates in the doors with the tweeters mounted in the dash locations. 6X9 in the rear with adapters. There's alot of very small amps available like the Alpine KTP-445U 45X4 rms if you need a little more power. The front door depth is 2.25" so be careful when you buy components or co-axes or they will interfere with the window operation.

Awesome thanks Shawn! I think my plan is going to be to updgrade the headunit, replace the front dash and rear speakers with good quality ones, and disconnect the door speakers. My previous Buicks didn't have concert sound and I didn't miss it then.