Michigan dynos?

Fenrir

I'm looking for a dyno shop that is familiar with the MAFT Pro and Gen 2. I have two cars I'd like to get done and am having trouble finding the right shop. Any recommendations?

Aggressive Performance could probably do it for you. I have the PRO on mine as well and Bruce helped me adjust mine. Now that Im adding Alky and some other things, I'm going to have Bruce retune it this spring. Victory Racing Engines can do it also, but they're alot more expensive. I learned the hard way. Just my .02. HTH

Victory may be more money, but would be my first choice. You will get a better tune on the street than the dyno
Mike

Livernois motorsports I wouldn't let them try to fix a coaster wagon. Ripped my sister off on her 65 Mustang.

Again if you are in the Flint area Enginered Victories in Davison has one also. call Stan 810.407.0956

I'd say Victory, but no way would I say Livernios. At one time they had it going on but ran too many good people off. Including me.

I never knew that about Livernois Motorsports - I always heard they were reputable and did good work. Guess I won't be going out that way!

Hi Mike Mizzi,

Mike, thanks for the recommendation for Livernois Motorsports!!! You were an employee here for a number of years. Glad to hear that this was such a bad place to work while you were collecting a pay check! Oh, in case you forgot doesn't a relative of yours still work for us??? Yes, he is our lead mechanic. Thanks for given your own family members works, not!!! Furthermore, you don't want me to post ALL the screw-ups that you did while you worked here and we had to pay for them.

All I can say is that we have changed some staff over the years, and all for the better of our company. If anyone needs service done to their late model car, I will put our work and services against anyone in the country!!! Please do not hesitate to call Matt or Saso for any work that anyone on this board needs. Thanks!!!

Tom Millen
General Manager
Livernois Motorsports
313-561-5500

I guess I need to be clear. I just spoke to Livernois and I would not take your Turbo buick there. They can not tune it, and do not work on many. I am just speaking of Tubo buicks and can handle other cars there as well. And Tom, thanks for hanging up on me and bring family in on something that had nothing to do with this.

Livernois does buy Custom Chips and other parts from us for cars in their shop. Dan calls me and tells me what is going on with the car so we can get it done right for them. Mike is right, they do not work on many, but they do get a few and they know when to ask for help when they need it. They are one of a few options in the area. I would say Victory or aggressive do the most but would not eliminate Livernois all together.
Mike

Mike,

I didn't hang-up on you! I don't believe in doing that regardless of the dis-agreement we have on this matter. You know my number and you are welcome to call me anytime to discuss any and all issues.

Thanks for your earlier call and sorry that we don't see eye-to-eye on this matter.
Tom

Since no one but us was on the phone no one will ever know. I just want to point out that you have 2 post and its on this topic. If you where into Turbo buicks you would be more on the board. Even when I work there the shop did not want to work on these cars. And If you take the time to read what he wanted you will see he wants someone to tune is car that can handle a MAF-Pro system on his car or at least tweak it.

Since no one but us was on the phone no one will ever know. I just want to point out that you have 2 post and its on this topic. If you where into Turbo buicks you would be more on the board. Even when I work there the shop did not want to work on these cars. And If you take the time to read what he wanted you will see he wants someone to tune is car that can handle a MAF-Pro system on his car or at least tweak it.

Mizzi, you have no idea what our capability is, or how many maft-pro systems I or Livernois have used. I am sure that I have dealt with plenty of turbo buicks over the years to know exactly what I am doing.

I own one, my father in law owns one, I have worked on countless ones. I have sold parts for them for almost 7 years.

You state that Tom needs to be able to read what the guy was asking for, it appears you do as well. Instead of being a grown up and answering his question on where to go, you told him where NOT to go and take the oppurtunity to bash us because of some personal hang up? That seems mature. And in case you can't wrap your head around it Tom brough up your family working here because you basically dogged your blood. You said that the good people were ran off, I wonder what you family member thinks of that? Considering 90% of the cars in the shop are worked on by him...

I also find it laughable that you think things have gone downhill since you left, when in reality things have NEVER been better in our shop, don't beleive me? go check out the customer rides section on the website... I think between that, and the comment section they speak for themselves.

3 people in this thread can attest to my knowledge on these cars. Mike Licht, Trbobuick, and sonseeker all know me. Maybe since they actually KNOW my skill level, they should comment rather then a person ASSuming something that isn't true.

It's also quite interesting that you think between Dan, myself, and Mike Licht (pretty much THE turbo buick master) we couldn't get it taken care of.

Livernois and our national yeah right. Bruce at aggressive got one right now shippied from livernois. I won't go to the details but it's a shame what they did to the poor guy.

3 people in this thread can attest to my knowledge on these cars. Mike Licht, Trbobuick, and sonseeker all know me. Maybe since they actually KNOW my skill level, they should comment rather then a person ASSuming something that isn't true.

It's also quite interesting that you think between Dan, myself, and Mike Licht (pretty much THE turbo buick master) we couldn't get it taken care of.

While there is nothing wrong with Livernois, they would not be my first choice to dyno a turbobuick. It would be like asking them to tune a turbo corvair. Its outside of their normal tuning experience .

Livernois and our national yeah right. Bruce at aggressive got one right now shippied from livernois. I won't go to the details but it's a shame what they did to the poor guy.

And how long ago was this? The only buick that came in here in the last 2 years for anything other then dyno or very minor work, we were straight forward with the guy and said we couldn't take his money for what he needed done. Maybe we should be like some shops and charge someone and then maybe do it wrong, right? :rolleyes: We wouldn't do that to a customer, if he want's something done, and there is a chance we aren't the best place for it we are the FIRST to tell someone that... And if it was before then, boostingbuick himself would have worked on it so ask him why it was messed up.

I agree with Brian, absolutly nothing wrong with Livernois, but there is other folks who do Buick Work on a more regular basis, just like you may not want to take a LS1 to a guy who only does Buicks. There is one or two locals that profess to be Buick experts that I would never recommend to anyone based on some of the thing I have seen. I would much rather see tham go to Livernois than there
Mike