Methanol and Fire Suit

Rotti54

Ok so if you are running a methanol injected car what exactly do you need as far as a fire suit. I wss originally told most tracks just a jacket, but now Im seeing online that I would need a Full SFI3.2A/15 rated jacket and pants and boots gloves? Are the local tracks really getting serious with this.? Need to know before I spend money on one, thanks

What do you mean? Do you mean strait meth or just an alky injection kit?

Is this a competition only car? Or is it a street car with occasional test and tune weekends and club events? If so, just put the kit on and go to the track as usual. If you go to fast the officials will through you out. That's OK. Go back when you put on the required gear;).

General safety equipment is based on performance.

Thanks bud, it's just an ALKY kit and my local track has assisted me with my questions. At this point i just need a basic jacket.

They broke my balls two years ago because the alky wasn't in an approved fuel cell and since it was being used as a motor fuel it needed to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they want it in the trunk also?

They broke my balls two years ago because the alky wasn't in an approved fuel cell and since it was being used as a motor fuel it needed to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the local track here told me the same exact thing...so I ended up buying a fire jacket I never use.

Now I just tell them it's water for my water injection kit.:D

Yeah, the local track here told me the same exact thing...so I ended up buying a fire jacket I never use.

Now I just tell them it's water for my water injection kit.:D
Spray paint the cap on the reservoir black. Put the nozzle on the underside of the inlet pipe. Must Have been a slow day at the track. Some of these guys don't even know what an alky kit does. The average TR engine compartment confuses people.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think these guys are dumb. I just think sometimes they spend a lot less time scrutinizing each and every little thing. When you get caught, well then do what they ask for next time.