Mechanics??? in Savannah

TonyTtops

The one and only
:confused: Are there any good mechanics in the savannah area who are good with the Grand Nationals???

I was wondering who was in the area. I will be moving to SAV soon and I wanted to know who was good!! ahhh you know how the GN's can be!

Thats cool, I dont know of a specified 'shop" in the area but I wrench on them and can handle most any mechanical job big or small.
Then there are a few guys nearby who do the elecrical, and tuning/chip stuff.
Welcome!
When are you arriving?

Hey Tony,

I live just an hour south in Brunswick. I am new in the turbo world, but have been around the V8s for over 20 years. I am hoping to get a turbo car in the near future. I am in Savannah at least once a week. Stay in touch on the board and we can meet up some time.

Mike

as Steve mentioned , i can do some tuning and all electrical work.

as Steve mentioned , i can do some tuning and all electrical work.

I am looking to get some local help with my car recently purchased.

Here are things that are already on the car:

Champion CNC series heads
Precision turbo - now known to be a PT54
Precision intercooler - I believe that is which one it is - Dutt necks, oversized and larger port at bottom in stock location
55 lb injectors - verified by a person on the board has a set for sale and they match appearance and the number 3012 on them
Red Armstrong chip and additional RA race chip in what must be a modified ECM for the 55lb injectors
TH downpipe
Dual cat-back w/ flowmasters going out stock locations
Accufab TB
Tranny feels to be built nicely w/ 3K stall (not sure) as it will easily flash above 3K while in drive with moderate acceleration at 50MPH
Tranny pan has been modified with a lowered rectangular section with cooling tubes through it
Tranny also has what is believed to be a stage-rite transbrake in it
3.42 stock gears w/ posi that looks healthy and good
30 lb boost gauge on pillar, oil pressure, water temp, volt and tranny temp gauges on passenger dash (tranny does not work)

I know there has to be more that I am missing or do not know yet...

I recently received in the mail a Scanmaster 2.1, that I have not yet installed. I know the car runs somewhat good, but is need of tuning and figuring out what all exactly has been done to it and what steps is best for me to take from here.

Any and all help is VERY much appreciated. I want this car to prove to my local car buddies what we can do. I have a Stage 1 72 Suncoupe that is in the 12's now with very minor mods, that was expected to not even get into the 13's by the locals. HA HA HA on them. When I told a particular person that these turbo cars can get into the low 12' with bolt on mods, he laughed at me. Well, I believe he is wrong again, as they can get into the 11's.

I sure could use some help getting started at least. PM or email me and I can call on my dime.

Thanks everyone and I look forward to meeting more Buick people.

Mike

Hey guys I'm in Savannah and I've had my Gn for about a year. It drove fine until yesterday. No check engine lights on however it stumbles off take off and the fuel economy fell off. I'm good with cars however I'm not great with the mechanics of this Buick. Before I take it to North Carolina to the guru I figured I would put some feelers out to see if someone could give me a hand.

Check MAF and/or O2 sensor
do you have the scan master?
Do you have a MAF translator?

Last edited:
I have a scan master and I have a new o2 sensor however u should give me a call if u get a chance thanks man

Last edited:
Any of you going to Moultrie to the Car Show/Swap Meet next month?