Map sensor

Pwt

I'm looking to install an Alky kit, but the last owner removed the map sensor. The factory gauge is still reading boost though? Any idea on how it's still working?

I'm looking to install an Alky kit, but the last owner removed the map sensor. The factory gauge is still reading boost though? Any idea on how it's still working?
There is a map sensor somewhere. Look around.

So your saying that the plug and the vacuum line at the passengers fender, near the ESC module is just dangling there? With nothing attached?

It could be relocated.

Besides, your going to need a 3 bar sensor anyway. Factory is 2 bar.

Last edited:
There is a map sensor somewhere. Look around.

So your saying that the plug and the vacuum line at the passengers fender, near the ESC module is just dangling there? With nothing attached?

It could be relocated.

Besides, your going to need a 3 bar sensor anyway. Factory is 2 bar.

I found it on the passenger side. Part# PS10081-11B1. Is this a 3 bar sensor? Also what is the extra plug for?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
The extra plug is for a gobs type switch that controls the boost lights on a digital dash car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The extra plug is for a gobs type switch that controls the boost lights on a digital dash car

gobs? I meant hobbs.

I found it on the passenger side. Part# PS10081-11B1. Is this a 3 bar sensor? Also what is the extra plug for?
That's not a 3 bar I would send out with a kit. Not original either. If the factory boost gauge reads accurate then its a 2bar, as a 3 bar would read 1 psi boost on the factory gauge at 7 psi boost.
3 bar map is 12223861

That's not a 3 bar I would send out with a kit. Not original either. If the factory boost gauge reads accurate then its a 2bar, as a 3 bar would read 1 psi boost on the factory gauge at 7 psi boost.
3 bar map is 12223861
drops mic!