LU function for 1987 442

All KZ-F's which were 86-88 model year were computer controlled for lock-up.

If you are looking for a lock-up controller/computer, I have just installed a lock-up controller on a KZ-F in a '70 Chevelle which is a computer that monitors speed, 4th pressure switch and uses the trans pressure rise and fall as a TPS to control and custom program the lock-up function. Let me know if this something you are interested in.

All KZ-F's which were 86-88 model year were computer controlled for lock-up.

If you are looking for a lock-up controller/computer, I have just installed a lock-up controller on a KZ-F in a '70 Chevelle which is a computer that monitors speed, 4th pressure switch and uses the trans pressure rise and fall as a TPS to control and custom program the lock-up function. Let me know if this something you are interested in.

Thanks Dave. I want to know how the factory controlled LU. On the Monte they used the 4th pressure switch. It ran through something like another switch where 3rd normally is but it was not tapped into the 3rd circuit. Is that some kind of delay? --Thanks--Lee

On most 80s gm products the hot side of the l/u solenoid is supplied via the brake pedal switch (to unlock when brakes are applied) and the ecm toggles the ground side, using various sensor info to make its decision.

On most 80s gm products the hot side of the l/u solenoid is supplied via the brake pedal switch (to unlock when brakes are applied) and the ecm toggles the ground side, using various sensor info to make its decision.
Thank you --I need to know how the harness inside the trans works--What is the switch that is located where the 3rd pressure switch would be on a BRF--what does it do ? Thanks to all who replied--Lee