LSPBC General Club Meeting

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
Put it on your calendar!

A general club meet will be held on Saturday Feb. 11th at 6pm at PAPA'a BBQ located on NW Hwy between Loop 12 and I35 in Dallas.

Come on out and hang with your friends and discuss the new year.

I just bought GNX #288 at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale today. I need to know where to get GNX docs like Owner's manual, window sticker, etc. Also, how can I trace car's history?

Welcome aboard.:) Do a search for the GNX regestry and make sure to go into the GNX section and say hello.:cool:

Did you get the note on the OK Buick shootout Carl?
Hi Charlie, unfortunately I have not had much time to address this issue yet. I am interested, but I already have 2-3 1320 events in the works at the Texas Motorplex for our Buicks. Not to mention, I have only taken one day off in the last three weeks. This is that time of the year when those of us in the accounting industry are swamped.

I am disappointed that such a long standing tradition in our community appears to not be viable anymore. However, there is a tremendous amount of work that goes into planning an event like this every year and I would not blame them if they are just tired of dealing with it. It can be disheartening to pour all that work, anticipation and worry into something that is either not successful enough to pay for itself or at the same time gets nit-picked by a few people who cannot be satisfied no matter what you do.

Many years ago the LSPBC did host an event like this; but, it was before it became impossibly costly to come up with the upfront funding necessary without any guarantee of making our money back. To hold an event like this on our own at our now only 1320 option, the Texas Motorplex, would cost the club between $6000.00-$10000.00. That's just insane. However, I know the management at NorthStar Dragway well; and, I have a high degree of confidence that they would be willing to host an event like this for us. That would work well for those who already travel to TVRP since it would be a little more centrally located for both TX and OK. It would make the drive about another 2.0 hours longer for those coming from the north. The problem with that is most racers do not want to run an event like this on a 1/8th mile track. It's almost a deal breaker for many.

The other and easiest option would be to redirect these racers to one of the events that I am already working on for this year. I am currently working on organizing at least three events this year at the Motorplex that will not require our club to front the expenses. I can tell you now that we will likely hold TWO Deep Six races and most likely another Brand X Bash. That is all I can say at the moment until I get some more things nailed down.

Maybe we can set something up at Kennedale? I really hate the fact that it's not going to be there this year Carl. I hope that we and the OK Buick club can get something worked out though.:)

Maybe we can set something up at Kennedale? I really hate the fact that it's not going to be there this year Carl. I hope that we and the OK Buick club can get something worked out though.:)
Unfortunately, Texas Raceway historically has not been interested in hosting our special event ideas.

Looks like we may have a place now. Amarillo.:biggrin: Blackpower checked the track up there and they're interested.

Unfortunately, Texas Raceway historically has not been interested in hosting our special event ideas.

You might run it by them again. I believe they have new management. I believe Bill Hillchier's(sp) daughter and her husband are running/owning it now. I will ask next time I go out there.

I was thinking Dallas raceway Rich. OOPS!:redface:

Yeah, they kinda ran outta money from what I've heard. Running a track in this economy is a TALL order, especially when it is a start up and the bills just keep comin'. I've heard rumbings of reopening but nothing solid yet.