LS or Gen 1 Small block?

Gen 3 with N2O, Gen 1 with turbo or Gen 1 with procharger?

• Total voters
I have LS headers, crossover, and turbo that will bolt right in if you wanted a single. It went 147@14psi. Let me know if your interested

I have LS headers, crossover, and turbo that will bolt right in if you wanted a single. It went 147@14psi. Let me know if your interested

These pieces are works of art. (buy them)
I was hoping for a sponsorship from Cal and Holly. =)

Yes I would be interested. Please PM me what you wanting out of them.

My vote is that you stick with the engine you already have.
Get the new high impedance 79 lb injectors, a TE45a turbo, 3.5" downpipe, TH400, slicks and some tuning and you can be in the high 9's.
If you go with a turbo LSx motor, you're going to have to buy all this stuff anyway, in addition to a new engine.
Then get alcohol injection to run on the street with pump gas and you're still in the 10's.

Imho.....

Don't even think about the Gen 1 SBC.....unless you already have most of the parts. The newer motors are plentiful in the junkyards....good heads i.e L92's already flow 330 cfm right out of the box......already have hyd. rollers in them..... + the stock bottom ends are strong enough to hold 1000 hp some say....

IMHO... it is a no-brainer..... however.... I would buy Cal's headers and turbo it.... no NOS pleas......I know you could run low to mid 9's with a turbo LS motor on pump gas..... add an alkycontrol kit...... who knows?

And if she blows.... you can get another complete engine in the JY for < $1000.......

I would go with basically exactly what i have. I would not go with a 408 either. Get a good 6.0L with a 2wd 4l80 behind it like i did and you will be so far ahead of the game. Then build a forged 370 using the stock crank and a set of compstar rods and wiseco pistons or the brand of your choice. The stock crank has been to +1400whp in both the ohio boys cars, and they say the 370 will make more power than the 408 to boot.
So you saved $1k by using the stock crank, get a set of L92 heads with good springs and a decent cam. GMPP L92 intake and 65# injectors, Intake elbow with the stock TB. Definately go with a turbo, you can get a 302 SBF header kit and have the LS1 flanges welded on and your turbo kit is pretty much done. Put a 91mm Borg Warner unit on there and you should be able to get 850whp on pump gas pretty easily. I make about 575whp with only 9psi and no intercooler, 89 octane. I also use stock everything including the trans.
Oh, and with the 4l80, just a set of good clutches and a shift kit and converter and your done, no new parts are needed.
Gary
Gary
Ya I would recommend the 6.0L. With a T76 @12PSI it should be more than enough to push a 36~3800LB car well into the mid 9's on pump gas. I ran 10.50's @5000' im my 4900LB Z71 for a while on a stock bottom end 6.0l, ported 317's(the stock 6.0l casting), and a small 212@.050 Isky cam. That was with a Trick Front Mount log header, and a T76. I would recommend using a 05 up LQ4 they have the stronger rods. My 4L80E is stock from the wrecking yard with just a HD-2 shift kit and Yank converter.