lost and confused ricer

equalizer442

I was out with some friends, when one of them told me he has a 197X Lincoln (Continental I believe, with the suicide doors), which has a MANUAL transmission, mounted... ON THE STEERING COLUMN... much like the grandma style Automatics on the steering column, but a manual.

Is this even possible!? I've never heard of anything like this. If there is such a thing, can someone post a pic of it? Thanks!

hehehe needless to say hes a civic owner in a vw board

thats funny, i remember my dad telling me his 59 el camino had a three on the tree, when i was like 8 i thought it was weird, now i want it!!

i have made up my mind to eventually get a old (1955-6?) panel truck, and i really want it to have a three on the tree, i think its great :D

-neil

ive got one but you really cant abuse them, ive been threw 3 clutches, 4 pressure plates, 2 motor mounts, a tranny mount, a fan and a radiator, pretty much anything with a 3 on the tree aint no performance car.

Ahhhh..... the bad old days of manual drum brakes, 4 turns lock to lock manual steering and 3 on the tree. Back then, it wasn't a car, it was a full body workout. I guess we were all in better shape, though.

My father-in-law rebuilt a 1966 Chev p/u and put a Vette 327 in it with the 3 on a tree manual tranny..that beeeotch would haul tail!!!!:eek: