looks like the fuel pump has about had it

84BuickGNYorkPA

Daily Driving Buick V-6 Turbo's 1979 - Present
upload_2016-12-23_11-24-12.png

Right here I got a backfire, 60lb injectors, I don't recall ever having inj duty cycles this high before. This was a short stab into the throttle.. here is the file (frame 3628) if anyone wants to have a look, it's rather boring street driving. Running SD2 here is a screen shot to temporarily set your parameters.
upload_2016-12-23_11-35-36.png

I wonder about the alternator being on the low side also....PSI 4 is the fuel pressure.

Attachments

• 12 23 16 11 00 am.dat
    814.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Psi4 is that fuel pressure? If so yes sir I agree the pumps done if the regulator is ok.

I just don't trust the Walbro's anymore, after going through 3 of them. 2 not lasting more than a couple of weeks. I went to a GM pump after the Walbro's gave up and that lasted for 3-4 yrs, then just last year I went to a DW 300 cause the GM pump wouldn't deliver at over 23 psi boost. The DW has been a great pump so far.

I just don't trust the Walbro's anymore, after going through 3 of them. 2 not lasting more than a couple of weeks. I went to a GM pump after the Walbro's gave up and that lasted for 3-4 yrs, then just last year I went to a DW 300 cause the GM pump wouldn't deliver at over 23 psi boost. The DW has been a great pump so far.
Yea, I'm searching my options now on here, looks like many are going with the DW 300 pump. Some are saying the return line might be too small and need upgraded. This pump has lasted a few years, so I can't complain about it. I see Nick in Arizona has some really nice set-ups, but I'm not looking to drop that much money.

Last edited:
Yea, I'm searching my options now on here, looks like many are going with the DW 300 pump. Some are saying the return line might be too small and need upgraded. This pump as lasted a few years, so I can't complain about it. I see Nick in Arizona has some really nice set-ups, but I'm not looking to drop that much money.
He can get you a DW to drop in. But imop just do it right the first time it will save you down the road

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

He can get you a DW to drop in. But imop just do it right the first time it will save you down the road

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
If there was more corn fuel around my area I would think about pulling the trigger on the $500 new fuel lines from RaceTronix which would give me the added volume for the DW.

Yea, I'm searching my options now on here, looks like many are going with the DW 300 pump. Some are saying the return line might be too small and need upgraded. This pump has lasted a few years, so I can't complain about it. I see Nick in Arizona has some really nice set-ups, but I'm not looking to drop that much money.
Jay racing has a pro series 340 that drops in our tanks for $150 its a real strong pump.red A single pump performs great and responds real good with added volts.

Last edited: