LOOKING FOR PORTED IRON HEADS -- LOCAL

How's the search going????????????????????

Not too well so far, but this summer weather has stopped my cruising dead, so I'm just waiting for the Fall. I thought I had a set of freshly checked by Champion, Champion ported aluminum heads purchased, for $1000f w/ rockers and pushrods, but it turned out they were too radically ported for my use. More for a Stage motor. I have ported irons on my GN already, but just wanted another set for a .030 over shortblock I've put together. I'm not in a rush, in fact, right now, I'm not motivated to do anything. :(

Did you do anything along the lines of that turbo oil filter? I used to sell that kit I posted pictures of. They work great. I got a kick out of the statement, why complicate things -- in other words, buy mine for $250. You could make up the one I showed you for less than $100. ;-)

Last edited:
Thanks..................as to the turbo filter, can it be run from the cooler adapter to turbo & back ( eliminating the rad oil cooler) or is from block that much better????

Thanks..................as to the turbo filter, can it be run from the cooler adapter to turbo & back ( eliminating the rad oil cooler) or is from block that much better????

Seems much more complicated to me. Don't forget, the oil from the supply side is going into the turbo. The return oil goes in the front of the block. Can you just plug the oil return line on the adapter? See? I don't know. My turbo luber just basically replaces the factory hard line from the oil pump with a braided line which feed the aux. oil filter, and a short braided line into the turbo oil feed.

So: Feed oil in to turbo from block thru filter to turbo and back to block from turbo???????? A simple U turn???

So: Feed oil in to turbo from block thru filter to turbo and back to block from turbo???????? A simple U turn???

Yes, basically you remove the steel line that feeds oil to the top of the turbo for lubrication. You get the proper fitting, one that is an inverted flair on one side and male 4AN on the other. Screw on your braided line that are all fitted with 4AN female fittings. The other end of the long braided line goes to the oil filter relocation adapter inlet. The outlet side, the braided line goes to the turbo oil feed. Now your engine has two oil filters instead of one. What could be better? Or buy a Precision Turbo Saver. Look it up.