lock up

Drop the pan. It's at the front of trans. Two bolts hold it in the pump housing. Splice two wires. Easy. Got mine from David Husek.

Last edited:
hi mke, where is it located?? thanks for the reply. ed
Here is a picture of it. This is one that was replaced. You splice the wiring to the original wires.
P1000475.JPG

how to get my lock up to a higher speed, it locks up at 25mph??
Does it unlock when you tap the brake pedal? In what gear does it lock-up in? The 25 mph is higher than the standard 14 mph 1-2 shift and 43 mph shift into OD of a BR trans. Most other codes shift around 10 mph 1-2 and 25-30 mph into OD. If in second gear the LU solenoid is most likely the problem. If in another gear, you will need to supply more info. This is assuming TV system is set correctly and not holding out the shift points.

how to get my lock up to a higher speed, it locks up at 25mph??
One question I forgot to ask you is what chip are you running? If you are running a stock chip they do lock the converter in 3rd gear. If that is the case you will need an aftermarket chip to eliminate the 3rd gear lockup. Like Dave asked....what gear are you in when the converter locks at 25mph?

Disconnected lock up helps drive ability but it will also increase trans temperatures. Increased trans temps reduce the life of the trans. I can't see your mods on mobile app but I would run a trans cooler in addition to the one in the radiator if you're just going to leave it disconnected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk