" LED TAILLIGHTS " Make them they will sell!

I was at autozone the other day and they had led bulbs and a relay for correcting fast flashing. I think they were about $10 a bulb though

I have converted every bulb in my Malibu over to LED's. You will need special flasher to work. If the signals on the front of the car "wig wags" you will also need a special "194" side marker bulb that installs and works in both directions or they won't blink.

Any LED's from Autozone, Pepboys, Etc... are junk! If you want real LED's then click here Ultra Spots. Of course they are more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

haven't looked into this in awhile,but have done some research...how much are you willing to pay for a set of taillights fully converted into led? it would cost alot...been trying to make a kit up but low on funds right now...well time to do some more r&d.....i want to make board plug&play but would need taillights dissasembled to bolt in...what kind of light configuration would look good?

....... ....... [ ]====[ ] ....... ......
....... ....... [ ]====[ ] ....... ......

:::::: :::::: [ ]====[ ] :::::: ::::::
:::::: :::::: [ ]====[ ] :::::: ::::::

i'm no engineer but have converted some lights before.would there be an interest in this?please excuse the silly diagrams... and opinions? not saying i'm gonna try to produce these, but maybe if i could get a kit together for people who want to do this and maybe some directions....we'll see what happens....anyways.......

I have LED's for the amber front parking lights from superbright LED online.. I like em but I do get some feedback when the lights are on and the both turn signal indicators are slightly lit on the dash..

With LED taillights, turn signals you'll likely need a solid state turn signal flasher, or a "HD flasher" unit.
Yeah, the LED's are expensive, but it's all about the bling factor.
You can mod a GN/TTYPE tail light like your diagram, but you're going to have to cut up/drill a tail light assembly, and those may or may not be too cheap either if your experiment doesn't work, and have to scrap them.
Remember, LED's are focused light. normal 1156, 1157 bulbs throw light everywhere. That's why the back inside of a taillight is reflective...to light up all the red lens.

Good luck, and let us know how your design works out. It's got to be "legal bright" remember. :cool:

ElectraJim

My son was working on LED Sequential using Spagetti's LED panel but we had issues with their QA. Tried to get wiring diagram from them but "No Cigar".

Conrad

Remember, LED's are focused light. normal 1156, 1157 bulbs throw light everywhere. That's why the back inside of a taillight is reflective...to light up all the red lens.

ElectraJim

This is the best point yet. Someone would have to design a bulb that had LED's facing all directions to properly light the lenses.