LC2 powered Z?

86GN-862+2

Wondering if anyone knows about a mid '70 260Z I believe which was for sale some time ago. I think the owner was near Houston area?? Want to see if it's been sold or ?? Thanks for any info!

There was one in the dfw area, it was either a light blue or grey. they wanted like 7-10k for it. It was for sale for so long they ended up separating the drivetrain from the car.

If it was a 260z I'm pretty sure that model was only built in '74. I used to have a '70 240z with dreams of a small block chevy conversion. I still like those cars.

If it was a 260z I'm pretty sure that model was only built in '74. I used to have a '70 240z with dreams of a small block chevy conversion. I still like those cars.
yes 260z was only in 74 and the only difference in the body for that year was the doors where the striker was located and on the door jamb area. Pretty dumb to do that for just one year. I also wanted to put a v8 archie kit in my 260z but that thing was squirly enough in the rain going up overpasses, i figure i would have killed myself so i sold it.

yes 260z was only in 74 and the only difference in the body for that year was the doors where the striker was located and on the door jamb area. Pretty dumb to do that for just one year. I also wanted to put a v8 archie kit in my 260z but that thing was squirly enough in the rain going up overpasses, i figure i would have killed myself so i sold it.

I always considered the 80's Porsche 928 for such a swap. I think it's got the best weight distribution ratio. Just never really went thru and bought one to mess with. Maybe Porsche was more aerodynamic as well?

I would think the hood line is too low on a stock 928. Might need a hood scoop of some kind to fit it under there. Hard to say as I never looked into that swap. Cool idea.

If you think the hood is low on the 944/928.... Check this one out.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...vcjwDQ&usg=AFQjCNGEB45tA8Hn9o3E_9-PlONFeD10Uw

There are Fieros with a v-8 swap, Big blocks at that. Corvairs, bugs and even motorcycles are on the list. It's just a matter of how much time/money/skill one possesses.
The Porsche is an excellent platform. I just don't have time for a project with keeping up what I got.
I'm about to reseal the bottom end on the TTA and probably upgrade to a 206 or 208 cam.