Late model coil/module upgrade.

1dollardog

Are we there yet?
Isn't there a late model coil/module upgrade? Seems like I remember seeing something on the board one time about an upgrade newer than the 86/87 coil/module.

Was it this??- Scroll down the list in the Junkyard Donor list to that title and you'll find more info and related links...

Coil Packs—Type 2 Conversion
1 ea. - Adapter Plate-- GM# 10469468
1 ea. - Ignition Module-- GM# 10456478
3ea. - Coils-- GM# 10472401

96 A Olds Ciera, Buick Century
86-88 C Olds 98, Buick Park Ave
95-97 G Buick Riviera
90-98 W Chevrolet Lumina/Monte Carlo
92-98 J Pontiac Sunbird
93-98 K Cadillac Deville
87-98 J Chevrolet Cavalier
92-98 N Pontiac Grand Am, Olds Achieva, Buick Skylark

Isn't there a late model coil/module upgrade? Seems like I remember seeing something on the board one time about an upgrade newer than the 86/87 coil/module.

The key is not the coil pack. The 86/87 coil module is no longer being made and the after market ones are not the best. I have my spare. Do you? Brad

Brad, what promped me to start the thread is that I am putting my tt project back together and I'm cleaning up the engine bay area and getting it ready for some paint. I of course want an exellent performing unit but I was actually hopeing for something that look a little different than the norm. With my set up there is almost nothing that is stock hot air or at least in its stock location.
Steve

That is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't see what cars and years that they came from. It would be great if I knew what exactly to ask for at the salvage yard.

i think the parts come off pretty much any 3800 powered car made from about 1990 until the mid 2000's.