Knock sensor location SBC FAST XFI

KWIKR 1

you guys that are running turbo SBC's with FAST XFI . where are you locating your knock sensor on the block ? I have a Dart Little M and was told the best location is "on side of the block between the center cylinders close to the top of the deck. and It's ok if it's in the water jacket" .

2nd question : is FAST XFI designed to take inputs from a mid 80's Spark Knock module from GM, or can it be wired to the knock sensor directly ?

That location is fine. The FAST will need an older knock sensor setup that uses a knock module (like a stock turbo Regal).

That location is fine. The FAST will need an older knock sensor setup that uses a knock module (like a stock turbo Regal).

Many Thanks . is there a location on the block that you prefer as to the one that I mentioned ? :)

Side of the block is the prefered location on the Gen 1 block.

got it guys....thanks . I guess what side it goes on does not really matter .

I would say not. Sure some chevy engineer could tell you that due to the crank rotation it would be more sensitive on side X than side Y.

I'm reading where you need a specific knock sensor that is tuned to the resonant frequencies of a block . for example you couldn't use a Buick V6 sensor in a V8 block . is this true ?