Kirban downpipe

turbo buicks

ESADAH!!!
i was browsing around on Kirbans's webasite last nite i noticed their 3" DP is only $185. is it just a pipe or does it include the elbow? anyone using this care to give any feedback on it? could a stock elbow be port-matched to this DP or would a new elbow be better?

Its a stainless downpipe only. You use the original elbow *OR* you get an elbow that has been ported for like $75 and you will have a dandy dp/elbow setup that can almost rival a TH type at 1/2 the price:)

for less than that i could sell you my bgc 3" downpipe (likenew) with larger elbow and all hardware and also jet-hot coated-$250.00 with shipping-matt

Haven't received mine yet, still on backorder, but according to Kirban you can take the elbow to any muffler shop and have it ported. I have a friend who works at a custom shop who is going to do it for me. I will post the results once installed, but any other info. from someone using one would be appreciated.

I have a 3" poston DP w/self ported elbow and I would definitely recommend to buy the THDP. It is a quality piece. Try to buy the best quality stuff for your ride and you will never be disappointed or have to re-purchase the same item because they cheaper one sucks.

Depends where you want to go with your car. If you just want a car that goes low 12's and maybe tickles the 11's on a good air day, the Kirban DP and stock ported elbow is a decent combo. You need to be sure that is all you want though. How big of a turbo are you going to run in the future? It will work great with a 44/49 but anything bigger and you will be chocking the turbo with that elbow.

I ran the same combo of DP and ported elbow with the stock turbo and a TA49 and ran a best of 11.79 with it. If you think you are going to want more than that then go with the THDP. I switched to the THDP because I felt that the stock elbow was going to choke my 52. Evidently the THDP seems to be working quite nicely with my new turbo :D

Thanks for the info. Clayton good information to have, at this point low 12's would be great, I just wanted a few inexpensive mods to shut up my Mustang buddies, most of them still don't realize it's a 6, next project paint and body work.

I have a jet hot coated Kirban DP. It is welded and coated along with a 3" ported elbow. It got me into the 11s with a stock turbo.:eek: Love it! Fittment is great too.