Just a quick question about installing new rear main seal

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Which way does the grooved side face when installing the new neoprene rear main seal into the block? (upper half of bearing cap) does it face me or the other way??? also what all needs to be lubed up before i put all this back together? i got the old seal out by threaded a screw into it and rotating the crank...came right out...

actually let's make this easy...which way does the groove side face...facing the flywheel? or facing the front of the motor...

ALSO do you use gasket sealer on the gasket and oil pickup screen or just install dry? i bought the melling one which looks different than the stocker...has a metal shield going straight across the screen...oh well this is all just temporary for a year or two until i get the entire motor rebuilt...

one more thing...when they say use rtv sealant in the grooves...does that mean the groove of the seal itself or the grooves of the main cap??? i'm all confused...i also have super blue rtv sealant rather than the black...is that ok to use???

the grooved side should face the front of engine, as far as the screen gasket I usually just make sure both surfaces are clezn and smooth and no sealer. The RTV is for the grooves in the main cap. My preference is permatex ultra-copper. I've heard of the blue doing funny things in oil.

Ultra Copper or ultra black, I like the ultra black it is thicker, I used to work for Loctite.
Tarey D.