Jax Raceways Results.......

Vader 87

Licensed
Alright, i went out to Jax Tuesday for T&T and had my first experience with a Red Armstrong 107 race chip. At about 4600 rpm the car sputters and pops really bad so i let out and it never goes over 5000 rpm so i let out and results are a 9.6 :( Former results with Reds 93 street chip were 8.2@83 w/19 psi then 8.2@85 w/20 psi. Needless to say this kept happening over the next 3 runs even though i played w/the fuel pressure some and my best was a 9.0. Direct Scan showed 0.0 knock when this happened as well so itried keeping my foot in it and it stayed the same. So i figure oh well ill put the street chip back in and see what happens....well problem solved it works great but i cant get no more than 20 psi out of it. i then run a 8.5 then a 8.3@85 w/a 1.99 60 foot. I figure at least im back to where i started. But with all these runs i finally found out how to leave with alot of boost....my strategy is push the brakes all the way down to the stop point then keep pushing past that till your face looks like this. :mad: I was able to leave at 7 to 8 psi doing that on the 8.3 run so i try leaving with more. I let it cool down then line up and the light turns green but i sit until im ready, i left at 14 psi and had a 2.4 reaction time :D but netted an awesome neck snapping 1.6x 60 foot (remember this is sorry Jax raceways) which caused me to lift my foot a little (because it scared the crap out of me) but i still came out with a 7.9 1/8 mile @ 85 mph!!!
and remember this was with only 20 psi and my 93 street chip, i came back and backed it up with a 1.71 60 foot and another 7.9 @85mph!!! My O2s were 850's via direct scan so i probably couldve gone a little faster with less fuel pressure. That was my last run before the track closed....needless to say i was very pleased and i now know how to launch the car!!! I cant wait till i get the bugs worked out of my race chip and im able to crank the boost up more!!! I never knocked all night long except for 1.0 on my last run. :) Later.....
Jason

Kendall, I dont know if you ever rode in Deweys car but the sputter/popping is identical to that. TIA Jason

Jason sounds like you need a little more octane to run that race chip.What octane was you using?My car had a bad problem with race chips till I put some straight 116 octane then it quit popping.Where did you get your gas from? Sounds like you got a bad batch of race fuel.Also you might want to lower your boost with the race chip because it has alot more timing.Good rus though. Awesome 60 ft.

i had an empty tank, i put in 2 gallons of 110 then ran it out and poured in 7 gallons of 118 octane NOS fuel....believe me i had enough octane.