It's on

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Took a couple years, but the stars aligned and this morning I cranked up the boost, set alky to max, and resulted in another rock solid 10.8 A/F on my way to Dunkin Donuts (I need to make weight for the class). Pretty sure I shifted the earth's orbit with the amount of torque this thing puts to the ground when I pulled out. Suspension is dead on, I didn't have to steer it, didn't spin much even with drag radials. Ready for THS Bowling Green at the moment. I just hope the tranny stays together. I'm bringing the wife and kids for their first Buick event. It's only my second event for the year, after exploding an eaton at Reynolds, I'm really looking forward to some heads up racing if all goes well!

cleantsmall.jpg

Should be fun, I'm just foot braking it. Can we have a coldest A/C at the vent contest in THS?

Car LOOK's GREAT Jim!!!!!

Let's have our own little test n tune REAL SOON!!!!

JD

ps Give'm hell!!!!

Ive always been a foot brake racer. I feel more comfortable with the car that way.You might have me on the a/c. Look forward to meeting you and seeing JD again.
DDay

Ive always been a foot brake racer. I feel more comfortable with the car that way.You might have me on the a/c. Look forward to meeting you and seeing JD again.
DDay

B/G will be here before we know IT!!!!

talk to you soon.

JD

Looking forward to it! I haven't driven the Zo6 all week as I've been daily driving the T. Nothing like a true street car that's fast. I think the THS rules for 3/2 E cover, A/C, 2004R and 8.5 are great as true stock-style appearing. I've tried to go stock appearing wherever I could in this build all the way to the Weldon fuel system in hiding the pump and pickup from the factory hole in the tank. JD, it's probably going to rain out the track tomorrow, so next Thurs let's try to line 'em up at BMP! I need to practice my launches. Hopefully the hydroboost can hold some power and I can get back into running high 10's again. It hasn't been an easy road getting there the past couple of years.

Take's time Brother!!!!

Family ,work , life, it all adds UP!!

next thurs. SOUNDS GOOD!!!

JD

Finally, looks like the weather is better today, 0% chance of rain hopefully. Heading to the track this afternoon to see what it does with the latest round of mods: Alkycontrol, TT 6.1 and AEM wideband locking at WOT. Powerlogger says on the street my rear brakes and hydroboost can hold 7psi, hopefully the track is prepped and hooks tonight with even more footbrake boost. Then tomorrow morning I scheduled a dyno session to see how it compares. Then if the track is closed in the future after more mods, I can always tune on the dyno and ballpark that it will go faster or slower on the track as my baseline today and tomorrow, if all goes well.

Looking forward to BG!

Drove 60 miles each way to the track (with the A/C on and iPhone playing tunes) last night but I think all my daily driving plus a rich idle (12.0:1) has fouled my narrow and wideband sensors. It's pouring black smoke out when I get on it, and then it is driving through the converter in 3rd gear, pretty much constant 5300-5400 rpm solid.

After my first pass the car didn't want to start, so thinking the fan killed it, JD lent me his battery charger for the next run.

Had a great heads up race with JDsGNX, he spun hard after the launch for the first 330 and I was down on power, but it was neck and neck through the 1/8 mile. I pulled slightly ahead when he peddled but as soon as he got back in it he pulled past at the 1000 through the 1/4 with a 6mph advantage through the traps but only a couple hundredths on the ET for JD to take the win. 11.27 to 11.25 What a race!

On the way home I noticed my TV cable was all the way out and early shifting softly and the battery terminals weren't tight either, they took another 3/4 turn to be snugged up- doh!

A few hours later, I strapped the car down to the dyno this morning and with the same 11.2 @ 121.5 tune it put down 470 to 491 rwhp and 600 tq, even though the wideband was all over the place and black smoke poured out everywhere. I didn't have any knock lol! Boost was 20-23 psi with a couple spikes on some frames to 25psi on both the powerlogger and the dyno sensor, 20.9 degrees timing. For comparison, with a TT 5.6 chip and 18-19 psi on 100 octane it went 11.2 @ 121 a few weeks ago. On pump gas only it has run 12.0's @ 112mph so I think the engine can make tons of power with the right tune.

I also now have a pronounced header/gasket leak on the passenger side, could be related to lower boost levels than expected. A while ago I ordered some copper RPE gaskets, ready to go on- the fun never stops! Pretty happy with the first time out for this setup even if I didn't crack into the 10's again.

Had a BLAST!!!

Hopefully we can get back to the track soon!!

I"ve got to get the low end of my tune figured OUT!!!!

Call if you need anything Jim!!!

JD