Isnthis repairable?

djj624

We recently had a snowstorm and I had my t parked under a metal framed tent structure. Well before I had a chance to knock the snow off it collapsed continue car. Left me with a dented up roof and damage to the fender and grill. Grill and fender I know are easy enough to repair/replace but I'm very concerned about the roof. Here are some pictures let me know if this is something that us repairable please..
d7a0d9925ad42cd77001d0e224145464.jpg
3ad37bee5dfbac466e13c53a865595ec.jpg
9e3867faaba488d80b4df90f5489d03a.jpg

Galaxy S7 Edge

We recently had a snowstorm and I had my t parked under a metal framed tent structure. Well before I had a chance to knock the snow off it collapsed continue car. Left me with a dented up roof and damage to the fender and grill. Grill and fender I know are easy enough to repair/replace but I'm very concerned about the roof. Here are some pictures let me know if this is something that us repairable please..
d7a0d9925ad42cd77001d0e224145464.jpg
3ad37bee5dfbac466e13c53a865595ec.jpg
9e3867faaba488d80b4df90f5489d03a.jpg

Galaxy S7 Edge
cc4aceb29b87bedf9e85f07d7bee0f45.jpg
63d575014c4f82dd9882cfbef413d902.jpg

Galaxy S7 Edge

It can be repaired. Pull out the moon roof, mouldings around windshield, black trim around door glass. I would also remove rear glass trim, side glass, taillights, rear bumper and fillers. There is no good place to stop when refinishing the roof so I would blend into the quarters . The damage I would pull out, then finish with filler, prime and block out then refinish.

You might check with your insurance company.

Often storm/weather damage is covered under your home owners or auto insurance.

Good luck.

Sorry for your luck. Anything is repairable if you want to spend the money. :(

I think the guy ^^^^^^ above is right about the homeowners policy. If it has collector car insurance you're probably screwed because they want cars stored in garages, so check with your homeowners policy first.

If it's a normal auto policy and it's full coverage, it should be covered under the comprehensive section.

Sounds like allot of time and money and I don't know anything about bodywork to do it myself. At this point I think I'm going to just have to sell her for whatever I can get.

Galaxy S7 Edge

Sounds like allot of time and money and I don't know anything about bodywork to do it myself. At this point I think I'm going to just have to sell her for whatever I can get.

Galaxy S7 Edge

No insurance?

Let this be a warning to people who park their cars in a car shelter in the snow belts. I do, and believe me I worry all winter of this sort of thing happening. The shelters are great but over the course of a few years they tend to get small rips where the material rests on the frame (the sun takes it's toll) then what happens is if you get a mild spell with some rain and there is already snow piled up on the top, then a cold spell, all that ice is just waiting to collapse through.
I make a point of going out and clearing off the snow, as it can settle between the frames of the top. The newer style from shelter logic have rounded roofs now, so the snow can't settle on top. Mine is due for a new top this year but I think I'll go to the new style. Sorry for your mishap djj

Sell it? Does it not run any more? Sounds like a good time to hit YouTube and learn about body work.

I've seen way worse and a good body man(or woman if you can find one) can fix just about anything. The break come when the estimate out does the attachment to the vehicle.

I'd drive it like that and do the body work as you can. Especially if it is a cf5 moonroof car. And baby blue, you don't see that every day. They'd be burying me with it.

I wouldn't sell my car for a few dents. No way. That right there would be my excuse for a new complete paint job. I would check with the homeowners insurance also.

I built this 8'x8'x16' greenhouse a few years ago. This basic design could be adjusted to fit a car under. The hoops are made from grey schedule 40 PVC electrical conduit available from any Home Depot. It will most likely still collect condensation on the underside that will drip onto the car, but this greenhouse has withstood 50+mph winds, snow & freezing rain. Just something to consider for those who don't have a garage. The most difficult part is designing & building the two end walls. Everything else is easy.

31.jpg
30.jpg
28.jpg
26.jpg