Is this going to be a problem ?

KWIKR 1

In order to clear my PS turbo I had to install a alt bracket that positioned the alt higher than you would normally have it . causing the 6 rib serp belt to have alot less contact area on the water pump pulley . take notice in the pic .. is there enough belt contact on the water pump pulley as to not cause any problems ? the first thing my brother said when he saw the setup was "is there enough belt on that pulley" ? so...that got me thinking . :D :)

Attachments

• 2013-01-13 12.48.qq.jpg
    2013-01-13 12.48.qq.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 194
  • 2013-01-19 22.38.zz.jpg
    2013-01-19 22.38.zz.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 192
Its all good . i contacted the company that makes the pulleys . they said it shouldnt be a problem . :) i just hate dropping in a engine and finding out there was a problem that could of been fixed while it was sitting on a stand .:)

According to pulley manufacture it should fly . Worst case ..i guess i'll have to figure out another bracket that will give me the clearence i need . and also increase the contact patch area of the belt on the pulley . :)

water pump does not take that much power to spin, new belts will grip it fine.

And if it slips, just hit it with some Aqua Net every once in a while. ;)

At first glance, I looked at the drivers side header and didn't see your turbo flange aimed down, I thought that was your turbo flange pointing straight forward. I was thinking "WTF turbo is he going to use that is that small?" Looked like a 1 1/2" ID flange! Stupid small phone pics.

I know I have said it before on your other threads, but damn I love the black! Looks menacing as hell!

And if it slips, just hit it with some Aqua Net every once in a while. ;)

At first glance, I looked at the drivers side header and didn't see your turbo flange aimed down, I thought that was your turbo flange pointing straight forward. I was thinking "WTF turbo is he going to use that is that small?" Looked like a 1 1/2" ID flange! Stupid small phone pics.

I know I have said it before on your other threads, but damn I love the black! Looks menacing as hell!

thanks ..lol :D .there are days i want to throw my phone out the window as well . :)

I dont think thats gonna work. From the pic it looks like it has 1/4 wrap if that.Will it spin the pulley, yes most likely but it will not handle a load.

Thats what i orig was thinking as well . i know it works with a v belt , with a serp im not 100% sure . i'll take and post a better pic of it that will show exactly how much belt is sitting on the pulley . going thru a crazy cold spell here , havent step foot in the garage for days . :)

Me and friends used to do a shortbelt setup on 5.0 mustangs that bypassed everything but the alternator and water pump. It had less belt wrap on the water pump pulley than that and since a 5.0 uses a reverse rotation water pump, it used the flat side of the belt. They ran just fine like that, no overheating. Your on the tension side of the belt, so that will also work to your advantage.

Don't overthink it, just put it in the car amd run it.

Me and friends used to do a shortbelt setup on 5.0 mustangs that bypassed everything but the alternator and water pump. It had less belt wrap on the water pump pulley than that and since a 5.0 uses a reverse rotation water pump, it used the flat side of the belt. They ran just fine like that, no overheating. Your on the tension side of the belt, so that will also work to your advantage.

Don't overthink it, just put it in the car amd run it.

Ya ... I think you could be right . :)

Attachments

• 2013-01-24 21.04.ii.jpg
    2013-01-24 21.04.ii.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 123