Is this a shift lever seal leak?

87_TX_T-Type

I was replacing the combo valve when I noticed a very slow drip coming from the shift linkage on the driver's side of the transmission (circled in green).

The source looks to be around the nut circled in blue. The corresponding bolt for that nut has a bit of play in it as well.

I want to double check to make sure this is actually some seal failure, as opposed to simply tightening a nut... or something entirely different.

If it is the shift lever seal, I presume I'll need a new seal and buy/make a tool for removing the old one. Anything else?

It could be the shaft seal. They make a tool that screws into the seal and pulls it out.

So when you say "shaft seal," you are saying that is different than than the shift lever seal, but in the same location (or different)?

Let me rephrase my original question... Is the area circled in blue the location of the shift lever seal?

So when you say "shaft seal," you are saying that is different than than the shift lever seal, but in the same location (or different)?

Let me rephrase my original question... Is the area circled in blue the location of the shift lever seal?

The shift "lever" doesn't have a seal. The seal is behind the shift lever. The seal is on the shift lever shaft that the shift lever is attached to with the nut you have circled in blue. To replace the seal you remove the shift lever and then remove the seal on the shaft.