Is this a good setup for providing fuel?

Ok, I have hybrid, a 63 wagon with a stock 87 GN motor and trans. I now need to supply fuel to it. I do not want to have a custom tank made and was planning on using a Aeromotive Phantom pump that installs into my stock tank. I can get one that puts out 340 or 460 lph. I can get a 1/2 inch stainless tube for a feed line cheep from work. It already has a 3/8 line that I can then use for a return. The motor already has a new Kirban adjustable reg, RJC plate and boost control , Casper wire harness. In the future, after I get the bugs worked out, I may upgraded to a TA-43 and 60lbs injectors. The biggest thing I want is it to be a driver! Not a race car, but I do want the most I can get for a stock set up that's dependable. So, will the pump ( which one) supply line and reg with factory injection be a decent combo? I ask because I have been told it may cause problems, but I don't know why. Any input? Thanks!

Personally I would go with 80 lbs injectors. And the bigger 430 pump . And a turbo tweak chip . Believe me it's better to buy the injectors and pump once instead of 2-4 times like me . I've gone from 42lbs all the way to 160s so I paid for 42s,60s,120s.The 80sare totally streetable and you won't have to worry about fueling issues . Just my opinion bud .

Thanks for the reply. I guess I was thinking along the same lines. Get the bigger pump and put on a bigger line to feed stuff I may get in the future. But I was then told it would be to much for the stock stuff I have now and wreck things. I can't do everything at once and would like to drive the car this summer and then add more next winter.

For a stock motor I would go with the smaller pump and 60's on the injectors. With the larger pump your going to be recirculating most of the fuel which is a waste. That motor isn't going to be able to use all the fuel the larger pump is putting out and 60# injectors are plenty big.

IMG_2311.JPG
IMG_2311.JPG

Last edited:
So, if I go with a smaller pump would running a 1/2 inch supply line be to big for the pump to keep full? I just want to kind of plan ahead hear for what may change down the road without ruining the driveablity or motor now. On a side note, has anyone else had trouble with this website, I'm always getting that the server cannot be found.

So, if I go with a smaller pump would running a 1/2 inch supply line be to big for the pump to keep full? I just want to kind of plan ahead hear for what may change down the road without ruining the driveablity or motor now. On a side note, has anyone else had trouble with this website, I'm always getting that the server cannot be found.
The pump has to keep up with motor demand not the fuel line. A 1/2" line is pretty big and not necessary unless you plan on making some serious horsepower but it can't hurt. I don't know what your future plans are or when you plan on upgrading or how fast you want to go. 60lb injectors will give you good drivability and take you pretty far.

That looks like a cool project!

Pictures of this wicked wagon, please. :D

We have used many 1/2" supply lines in street and race applications and have never encountered any downsides?

Thanks for all the info. Sounds like I should be good then with the smaller pump, 1/2 line, and in the future 60lb. injectors. This wagon is most likely going to be traction limited, as I can only fit a 225 tire without cutting, and it's to rust free to cut it up. So I'm figuring 400 to 500 horse should be way over what the tires can take anyway.

Added some pics, Thanks! It's really a cool small wagon and turns lots of heads when driving around.

Here's the '60 Nomad that resides on my driveway. Has a mild aluminum headed 327 in it.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
  • 004.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 32