is it worh the extra money

six slinger

hey guys im in the procces of building my beast , my question is, is it worth the money to go with race ported gn1 aluminums or to stick with race ported stock heads ,and how much hp should i get more with gn1 heads! stock block cpt66bb turbo, 210 hydraulic roller,3 inch th downpipe,2and a half inch dual exhaust,esp front mount,83lb inj,razors alky kit,running 24lbs boost!

How fast are you going to try and go with it? I know the aluminums out flow the irons but I heard too many stories about cracking them so I figured I'd go with irons. I figure so many guys have going 9's on them I could get them to go 11's. (and maybe 10's in the future) HTH. james

heads

i have the gn1 champion aluminum heads and they work great for it only being 300 bucks more, plus they are a lil bit lighter, ive had mine for about 3 years now and i havent had any problems with them

Very similar to me,,,

I have the same basic goals as you. However, I ended up being faster than I thought. Anyway, when I was looking at the GN1's Tom at champion really talked me out of buying them. No doubt they are a great product but for a low 10sec car, they are not needed. I went with Tom's iron head and I am happy I did. Now if your after the 'Bling Factor' then they may be right for you. But they are not needed for your goals.

Evaddave

I have the same basic goals as you. However, I ended up being faster than I thought. Anyway, when I was looking at the GN1's Tom at champion really talked me out of buying them. No doubt they are a great product but for a low 10sec car, they are not needed. I went with Tom's iron head and I am happy I did. Now if your after the 'Bling Factor' then they may be right for you. But they are not needed for your goals.

Evaddave

when you say toms iron head im assuming gn1 iron

These

CHAMPION Racing Heads

From what I understand, there are other companines out there that do a more aggressive porting job. However, I think you begin to reach a point of dimishing returns.

Evaddave

CHAMPION Racing Heads

From what I understand, there are other companines out there that do a more aggressive porting job. However, I think you begin to reach a point of dimishing returns.

Evaddave

How come they don't update their Website? It's been over four years. I know from reading that they do a heck of a job and are probably busy. I would like to get some heads sometime in the new year preferably from them. Is most of there business conducted via phone? Thanks. I guess a lot of the other Venders have there heads to. right

I've been 10.70's on pump gas and drag radials with a spinning 1.78 60' with ported irons with stock valves. The guy that built my shortblock ported my heads for $500 and I stayed with the stock valves because with 3.800 bore I don't feel the larger valves can do thier jobs due to shrouding. The runs in the 10.70's were at 24 psi with a GT-6776S non-BB turbo and it had more left.