Is anybody running a Turbonetics HPC Billet / F1 72/68 or 69-68?

JDSfastGN

As stated I'm just looking for real world setups and how they have run with one of these turbos? Im considering a Turbonetics HPC Billet / F1 72/68 or 69/68? I know the Precision turbos are more popular and I may end up with a proven 6766 but just considering one of these as I've always had great reliability out of older turbonetics units.

As stated I'm just looking for real world setups and how they have run with one of these turbos? Im considering a Turbonetics HPC Billet / F1 72/68 or 69/68? I know the Precision turbos are more popular and I may end up with a proven 6766 but just considering one of these as I've always had great reliability out of older turbonetics units.
I've run the 64/68 bb and 64//65bb hpc billet for all they worth.they are great turbos that take a real hammering.i have had the little 64 comp wheel over 80lbs a minute with lightning spool.the 69 comp wheel is rated only 5 more lbs a minute than the 64, I have not pushed one personally to see.the 72 jumps way up and outflows the 68 turbine wheel.combo is everything though either one of the turbos above are solid 9sec turbos.another point I will bring up is pte is now owned by the parent company of turbonetics.

I also run the smaller 64mm hpc, its fantastic spools quicker and has comparable power to the pte 6765 ive had.. and the price point is better .

I've run the 64/68 bb and 64//65bb hpc billet for all they worth.they are great turbos that take a real hammering.i have had the little 64 comp wheel over 80lbs a minute with lightning spool.the 69 comp wheel is rated only 5 more lbs a minute than the 64, I have not pushed one personally to see.the 72 jumps way up and outflows the 68 turbine wheel.combo is everything though either one of the turbos above are solid 9sec turbos.another point I will bring up is pte is now owned by the parent company of turbonetics.

I was thinking of going with a 6468. How did the 6468 compare to the 6465? And which one do you prefer?

I was thinking of going with a 6468. How did the 6468 compare to the 6465? And which one do you prefer?
6465bb spools faster and is more responsive than the 6468bb.the f165 turbine wheel can use the tnetics .63 and .82 ex housing.the 64/68 turbine wheel comes with the pte.85 only from turbonetics although I did get a pte.63 to try and went over 135mph at 3800lbs.i like the 6465bb a lot for the cars with heads and cam and converter.

Thanks for the replies guys. Honestly this makes me decision a bit harder. Its good to see the smaller 64 wheel doing so well. With the 249 ci Im leaning towards the 69/68 since the current converter spools my 6776 with a .85 housing just fine. 135+ would be fantastic in good air, anything more would just be a bonus

Thanks for the replies guys. Honestly this makes me decision a bit harder. Its good to see the smaller 64 wheel doing so well. With the 249 ci Im leaning towards the 69/68 since the current converter spools my 6776 with a .85 housing just fine. 135+ would be fantastic in good air, anything more would just be a bonus
The 68 is a lot of turbine wheel that outflows both the 64 and 69 comp wheels.its much harder to get spooling compared to the 65 but not slow by any means if you have the supporting mods.i was running a ptc 9.5 with a good amount of compression.the 6968bb is a nice turbo.

6465bb spools faster and is more responsive than the 6468bb.the f165 turbine wheel can use the tnetics .63 and .82 ex housing.the 64/68 turbine wheel comes with the pte.85 only from turbonetics although I did get a pte.63 to try and went over 135mph at 3800lbs.i like the 6465bb a lot for the cars with heads and cam and converter.

Makes sense that the 65 would spool faster than the 68. I was figuring with the 4.1 the 68 might be a little better. Now you got me thinking. Thanks for the reply!

The 68 is a lot of turbine wheel that outflows both the 64 and 69 comp wheels.its much harder to get spooling compared to the 65 but not slow by any means if you have the supporting mods.i was running a ptc 9.5 with a good amount of compression.the 6968bb is a nice turbo.

Thanks for the reply! Maybe a little slow on the spool would be a poor mans traction control haha. I do have 9.2:1 compression and a good PTC 9.5 that stalls at 2950 or so along with the little extra stroke.

Thanks for the reply! Maybe a little slow on the spool would be a poor mans traction control haha. I do have 9.2:1 compression and a good PTC 9.5 that stalls at 2950 or so along with the little extra stroke.
Hope your on a good tire with either turbo you choose:)

Hope your on a good tire with either turbo you choose:)

Street duty is a 315/35-17 mickey thompson drag radial :) I just need to get my rear suspension geometry squared away and hopefully it's enough tire to hook decent.

Street duty is a 315/35-17 mickey thompson drag radial :) I just need to get my rear suspension geometry squared away and hopefully it's enough tire to hook decent.
Not a lot of sidewall there get ready to do some driving.

What fuel are you running, how do you like the extra compression and stroke for spool up? I'm thinking of doing the same with my rebuild, I'm running e85.

How much power will the 7268 billet support? You dont hear too much about turbonetics.
The 68 turbine wheel is pretty much done at 1000hp the hpc 72 comp wheel can go way past that,with the bigger turbine wheel like a 75,1150hp+

What fuel are you running, how do you like the extra compression and stroke for spool up? I'm thinking of doing the same with my rebuild, I'm running e85.

To be honest the car was down for over a year and I haven't been to the track to quantify any gains. It spools really fast but it did before. If building the bottom end, its worth it to get a few more cubes imo, but I don't think its a huge gain over the stock CI if I had to make a decision on the impression. At least nothing a pound of boost couldn't make up for haha.

To make it simple the hpc billet comp wheel 64 80+lbs a minute,69 86+ lbs a minute,72 115 lbs a minute.they don't have anything currently to fill that gap between 86 and 115 lbs a minute.

To make it simple the hpc billet comp wheel 64 80+lbs a minute,69 86+ lbs a minute,72 115 lbs a minute.they don't have anything currently to fill that gap between 86 and 115 lbs a minute.

115lbs/min with a 72mm inducer. Wow. What turbo is capable of this? I haven't seen anything that could be comparable to any of the T4 based units come close to this flow. The new EFR with the 73.7mm inducer is good to about 110lbs/min on a V6 all in. I haven't been able to get the HPC 64 over 75lbs/min with a 65 exhaust wheel on an 8.7:1 engine on a Buick 3 bolt. HD a couple I tuned and they were hitting high drive pressure at 75lbs/min. Never tried it on a larger wheel or better housing though. Should be good to 80lbs/min at least with the right wheel and housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

115lbs/min with a 72mm inducer. Wow. What turbo is capable of this? I haven't seen anything that could be comparable to any of the T4 based units come close to this flow. The new EFR with the 73.7mm inducer is good to about 110lbs/min on a V6 all in. I haven't been able to get the HPC 64 over 75lbs/min with a 65 exhaust wheel on an 8.7:1 engine on a Buick 3 bolt. HD a couple I tuned and they were hitting high drive pressure at 75lbs/min. Never tried it on a larger wheel or better housing though. Should be good to 80lbs/min at least with the right wheel and housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Info is off the compressor maps Brian,though I can personally vouch for the 64 going past 80lbs a minute and on a buick v6.motor had more than 8.7.1 compression.