Is a PTE T64E a T66?

Ed Valvo

If I were to upgrade, I would like to go bigger. Is T66 same as T64E? Will any turbo builder actually tell us?

Ed,
At 1 time the 63e was the same as a TE45. I think thats as close as they came as they had the same 63 mm wheel. Then came the TE45a which as we all know jumped to a 66 wheel. The 64e should still have just a 64 mm wheel in the small TE housing(te44 ect...)

PTE sells the 64-1 which is the same turbo(64e) with a big comp housing but they also sell another turbo the PTE 66. Further showing they are not the same.

Originally posted by Louie L.
Ed,
At 1 time the 63e was the same as a TE45. I think thats as close as they came as they had the same 63 mm wheel. Then came the TE45a which as we all know jumped to a 66 wheel. The 64e should still have just a 64 mm wheel in the small TE housing(te44 ect...)

PTE sells the 64-1 which is the same turbo(64e) with a big comp housing but they also sell another turbo the PTE 66. Further showing they are not the same.

:confused: Sorry, the PTE T64E does utilize the 66mm wheel and has for as long as I can remember.

PTE----T64E= 66mm wheel in a TO4E Compressor Cover..3" inlet..2" out.
The Turbine side wheel is a 76 "P" trim.

I can understand the confusion with ID#'s but whats more confusing a PTE- T64E with a 66mm wheel or a JC-- TE45 with a 66mm wheel??? :cool:

Joe
PTE
219-996-7832
precisionturbo.net

Originally posted by Ed Valvo
If I were to upgrade, I would like to go bigger. Is T66 same as T64E? Will any turbo builder actually tell us?

Ed,

If you what to stay with a TO4E cover, the T64E is your choice for a 66mm.

Joe

Thanks Joe. Just the answer I wanted to hear. Now does the TA64E or TA66 (Same right????) use the big shaft? I might be going stock appearing and would like to know the largest there is. :D

Hey Joe.

I am currently using your PTE 64E, would it be worth my wild to change compressor housings and run a 4" inlet with either a 2.5" or 3" inch outlet? I also have a P trim, if switched to a Q tirm what type of gains? Would these changes be cost effective?

Thanks

Originally posted by Ed Valvo
Thanks Joe. Just the answer I wanted to hear. Now does the TA64E or TA66 (Same right????) use the big shaft? I might be going stock appearing and would like to know the largest there is. :D

The TA64 is a Big Shaft, and is the largest we currently offer with a stock type cover.

Joe

Originally posted by CPAKCP
Hey Joe.

I am currently using your PTE 64E, would it be worth my wild to change compressor housings and run a 4" inlet with either a 2.5" or 3" inch outlet? I also have a P trim, if switched to a Q tirm what type of gains? Would these changes be cost effective?

Thanks

I'm sure there would be a gain in switching to a High flow Compressor Cover, as the turbo would more easily pull intake air.
The addition of a Q trim on the turbine side would also be a benefit by reducing back pressure.

Would it be cost beneficial to upgrade?......my personal opinion would be to sell the turbo you currently have to someone looking for that specific type, and possibly upgrade to a PT67 P or GTQ.

Joe

I think I will take Joe's advice, I'll be selling this turbo(PTE 64E) this fall/winter. If anyone is interested seme me an e-mail.

Thanks