Installing intake

RED LS1

I'm getting ready to install the Felpro Intake gasket. I searched a lot of threads for any tips that may be helpful. One thing I'm curious about though and I wonder if anyone else has tried this. I'm thinking of sitting the valve covers into place and then installing intake. Is there any reason (in relation to future parts that need to be installed) that I can't get away with this. I'm trying to spare the headache of fighting the V/C's back in and ruining the paint on them. The wire harness conduit is really tight on the drivers side and it's a B to get it around it

I always take the upper dog house off so I can make sure the intake ports are lined up with the heads. I see no reason why you couldn't install the intake with the Valve covers on as long as you can get a wrench in there to tighten the intake bolts. That back bolt on the passenger side that I hook my grounds up to is a PITA with or without valve covers. I have roller rockers with tall valve covers so I put my intake on with the valve covers on last time I changed out the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the VC lips will mess you up. If you can't drop the intake straight down in one smooth motion, you're risking oil leaks at the front and rear seal area.

You might be able to get away with installing only the PS cover and being able to do it. I'd make a dry run first though.

Good Idea Eb. I will do a dry run. I'm still painting and cleaning all the hardware.

I'm trying to talk myself into buying injectors or putting the stock ones back in.

If by 'stock' you mean 30 year old originals....

You need a set of new 60s and a matching chip.

I just finished building an engine. The intake cleared the valve covers with no problem. This was with Campion ported iron heads and intake using stock valve covers.

Thanks. Yeah, I know I have to push for the 60's and chip. I don't want to take this back apart again down the road for that reason