installing a kill switch in a '77 nova

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
well me and my friend are really paranoid about getting our cars stolen due to another one getting jacked from school. so we are going to put kill switches on our cars. i know i to do it on my car but i dont know how do it on his 77 nova. whats the best way to go about it? it ISNT computer controlled so i am guessing i have to slice into the coil right?

thanks for the help

-Neil

You mean you don't have one on your car right now??? tsk, tsk, tsk, I'd be nervous too. As far as the Nova you can install a kill switch by accessing the ignition wiring harness on top of the steering column under the dash. My memory is a little fuzzy but the wires your looking for are 10 ga and purple, these control starter function. Now as far as your car you have many options. You can put a hidden kill switch in the ECM junction, anywhere in Fuel pump circuit, the Oil pressure circuit and of course the Ignition circuit. Have fun.

When I put a switch on my '79 ElCamino, I spliced the pink wire from the HEI under the dash and mounted a GOOD switch out of sight under the dash but easy to reach. I could hop in the car and flip the switch, without drawing attention, but you would have to know where it was to ever find it. USE A GOOD SWITCH!!!