Installed my Infinity Kappa 6x9's & adapters.

ross87t

I installed my new set of Infinity Kappa 6x9's (693.1i) this weekend. I bought the adapters from Circuit City.
I started out w/ the passenger side speaker, and it mounted w/ no problems. Would I get out of this install worry free? Heck no! It's never that easy.
I went to intall the driver's side speaker, and there was no way in hell that it could possibly clear the torque bars, and still attach to the stock hanger clip. For a temporary fix, I got some strong wire, and used as an extension of the hanger. I will probably buy some kind of chain link to hook the hanger to the clip.

As far as sound goes, the speakers sound really good. But, I will tell you one thing. The Polk 5-1/4" that I have in the concert sound door panels, sound just as good, if not, better.

I was going to go w/ all Polk, but I just ran across a great deal on these Infinitys. I'll probably go w/ some Polk's in the front dash next.

I am also going to build a sealed box for 1 - 10"RF sub this weekend.

I'll keep you guys informed on my progress, and post some pics soon.

Ross

The torsion bar can be adjusted with the 3 settings in the bracket, use a pry bar to change it into a different slot. It may help your 6 x 9 clear on the drivers side, its worth a try.

Originally posted by Audiowizard
The torsion bar can be adjusted with the 3 settings in the bracket, use a pry bar to change it into a different slot. It may help your 6 x 9 clear on the drivers side, its worth a try.

Thanks Audiowizard. I wasn't aware of that. I'll try it when I get home today.

Ross

There should be 3 slots in the bracket that you can change the tension on it to make your trunk lid spring up quicker when unlocking trunk, it may give you the room that you need for your 6 x 9s to clear but is no quarantee.

I removed mine when I did the torsion bar mod in '98 so it has been a while from memory, I hope it works.