injector OHM

michael evans

With all the troubles I am having I am checking everything.

What is the value supposed to be for 83 pound-low-impedance injectors ?

I checked mine and got 2.9 on all. All six read the same. Is that to low and could it damaged the ECU with modified drivers ?

That sounds right for low ohm injectors so as long as your ECM is modded then that should not be the problem. I think 2 to 3 ohms is normal for low ohm injectors.

Last edited:
That sounds right for low ohm injectors so as long as your ECM is modded then that should not be the problem. I think 2 to 3 ohms is normal for low ohm injectors.

Thanks. I am looking at this from all angles and checking everything. It is getting really frustrating.

Maybe I'll get flamed but I thought most people use high impedence 80s they should be about 14 ohms. That's what the OEM style 28s are.

He said he has 83's. They were popular before they made high ohm 60's and 80's. It used to be we could only get 42# injectors in high ohm. Then they came out with 50's now we have lots of options in high ohm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 83's in my car, no issues with the modded ECM, what trouble are you having?

Bob

He has a post under parts wanted/cam sensor to buy or borrow. The issues he is having are in that post. Maybe Bob can take a look over there...

I have had a time with this no start issue. At first it was taking me one way now another. It has taken my some time but I my have this figured out now.

I had to back up and think about it for a couple days and have the entire engine wiring harness apart so it is all easy to get to.

I saw in some notes that if the injector ohms were under 10 ECM damage will occure.

I guess that is for non-modified (stock) ECMs.