Info on GTA wheels

Same here, I have the circuit 86 lacquer check all stock.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I have an 86 gn. Id like to be different but the gta wheels so good. Anyways bought 4 fronts from classic. Even tho they are wider the gains are to the inside mostly and imo still look stupid not to mention the closeness of the inner rim on the back to my exhaust and tie rod ends in the front. I decided to go with 1.25 spacers on back and 1" in the front. Looks fantastic. I purchased wheel and hub centric quality billit spacers not cast shit from ebay. Spend the extra money you will be happier. Attached is a few photos of the front before and after

Attachments

• 20170818_234833.jpg
    20170818_234833.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 348
I have an 86 gn. Id like to be different but the gta wheels so good. Anyways bought 4 fronts from classic. Even tho they are wider the gains are to the inside mostly and imo still look stupid not to mention the closeness of the inner rim on the back to my exhaust and tie rod ends in the front. I decided to go with 1.25 spacers on back and 1" in the front. Looks fantastic. I purchased wheel and hub centric quality billit spacers not cast shit from ebay. Spend the extra money you will be happier. Attached is a few photos of the front before and after

Sorry but not sure if it was answered looking to get Hawks 17/9 gta's in the rear and 16/8's gta in the front is anyone running this set up if so please chime in

You won't have any issues with the 16" x 8" GTA for the front rims, if they are "0" offset they will be a direct bolt on and no wheel spacer required. I've got this set up on my car (as well as a million other turbo buick brothers too).
However I don't have any personal experience with the Hawk 17" x 9". I have read that they are the wrong offset for our cars and will require a big Mofo wheel spacer to fit our cars. Hopefully someone can chime in who has the Hawks mounted to let you know exactly what size spacer (but I think it's huge like 1" or 1 1/2" )?

I have the 16x8 fronts from Classic Industries, 245s front 255s rear. The Aerospace brake kit widened the front track slightly so I'm thinking about putting a small spacer on the rear.

2.jpg

I probably missed it somewhere, but why is it more desirable to put front GTA wheels on the rear of a GN instead of using the rear GTA wheels?

I probably missed it somewhere, but why is it more desirable to put front GTA wheels on the rear of a GN instead of using the rear GTA wheels?
Because the offset is different. The gta rear wheels will rub the frame on a gbody.hence the reason you put 4 fronts. There a zero offset.

I see. Thanks. Where's the best place to buy two? I already have them on my car now but was thinking about getting two for the rear and mount some drag radials. I'm thinking Mickey Thomson 255/50R60's

I see. Thanks. Where's the best place to buy two? I already have them on my car now but was thinking about getting two for the rear and mount some drag radials. I'm thinking Mickey Thomson 255/50R60's
I have 4 gnx wheels non dimpled with new 255/50/16 drag radials on my car I am about to remove. I may sell them if anyone wants them.