"In-Tank" Methanol Injection Pump?

L

L8Apex

I have a twin turbo system on my LS1 F-body and am trying to find an intank pump that will hold up to a H2O / methanol mixture. Due to space constraints, I need to place the injection pump in the windshield washer reservior. I attempted to use an old Mustang GT pump, but it froze up after a couple of weeks. Since both GM and Ford sell Flex-Fuel vehicles (up to 85% ethanol/methanol in the fuel) these intank pumps exsist. Does anyone have a part# for a Flex-Fuel pump or other compatible intank pump?

Thanks

Been wondering this myself. Somebody have feedback? I have a couple of Red Armstrong XPs laying about, anyone think they would survive a meth/water mix or straight denatured?

Auto Zone sells an external pump from their Master brand. take a look at their Master paper catalog. Its in there in a page all by it self. I know is not internal but im 98% sure to be compatible.

I have used several of them in the past.

Not to be rude but we already know of plenty of options for external pumps. What we are looking for is "in-tank." We want these specifically for space reasons.

smc alky kits come with an "in tank",submerged style pump.they handle 100% methanol.

get ahold of steve and see if he'll sell you guys one.

hth.

later,sean

I spoke with steve the other day about the methanol Q, he says that the jury is still out on the yes/no with his pumps and methanol...

Originally posted by AnArKey
Not to be rude but we already know of plenty of options for external pumps. What we are looking for is "in-tank." We want these specifically for space reasons.

Derek,
By not trying to be rude you indeed were. :confused: Although you might have a wealth of knowledge about external pumps, the LS1 guy might not. The pump I mentioned is small and can be mounted in minimal space.;)

I have the part # in a book at home. They're pretty expensive tho, like $400 from Autozone!!

The following numbers are for intank fuel pumps for methanol or flex fuel applications.

Airtex/Master:

E2072S, 93-95 Ford Taurus
E3298, 93 Chev Lumina
E7056M, 94-95 Dodge Spirit, Ply Acclaim
E7076M 94-95 Chry Concorde

AC Delco:

EP298, EP334 Lumina
MU73 94-95 Concorde, Intrepid

GM:

25117203, 25117387 Lumina

HTH

Thanks for the info. To bad they are so expensive. I knew that the big three made a limited number of methanol flex fuel vehicles in the mid 90s. I wonder if the in-tank pumps for the new 00 & 01 ethanol/gas flex fuel vehicles are as expensive? Do you have any listing for those?

Thanks,

Bob

Originally posted by Louie L.

Derek,
By not trying to be rude you indeed were. :confused: Although you might have a wealth of knowledge about external pumps, the LS1 guy might not. The pump I mentioned is small and can be mounted in minimal space.;)

Well, what I was trying to say was: "I don't know how to say this without sounding rude, so please understand that is not my intention."

It did get the post rolling...........

Hey guys i looked at the Autozone ford truck pump before buying my shurflo and it looks as if you can just screw the damn fittings for the hoses or whatever off and submerge the pump. Just my .02

There are flex fuel pumps on ebay for around $15, but they'll bite the dust on methanol. Ethanol isn't as corrosive as methanol and water. Go with at least a shurflow, couldn't you mount the pump down low on the frame or.... somewhere? Most all of the reputable pumps other than the SMC are inline pumps. I would strongly consider an inline. What about a small fuel cell in the trunk area? (fumes...yeah I know) Just trying to help.